A safe place for newbies. Stop in here to ask all your questions, no matter how silly they seem. Just don't ask us if you can sing!
vomitHatSteve

Re: Messages

Post by vomitHatSteve »

Greg_L wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 2:16 pm No he probably is. I bet lots of 20-somethings buy those fucking things. For some reason he is highly regarded as an "artist" to lots of younger people. Probably because he told them he is.
The man released a $120 white t-shirt and sold out within a week.
He definitely knows something.
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

vomitHatSteve wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:23 pm
The man released a $120 white t-shirt and sold out within a week.
He definitely knows something.
As punchable as he is, you can't blame the guy for financially taking advantage of an idiotic kardashian tiktok generation that can't resist pop culture trends. If I had something worth selling to dumbass kids I'd take their money too.
Rebel Yell
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

Greg_L wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 2:16 pm
Lt. Bob wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:52 pm

He ain't a shoe genius is he?
No he probably is. I bet lots of 20-somethings buy those fucking things. For some reason he is highly regarded as an "artist" to lots of younger people. Probably because he told them he is.
There probably come with embedded NFT's and other dumb things young people waste money on.
:happytrees:
Lt. Bob

Post by Lt. Bob »

Lt. Bob wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:52 pm

He ain't a shoe genius is he?
No he probably is. I bet lots of 20-somethings buy those fucking things. For some reason he is highly regarded as an "artist" to lots of younger people. Probably because he told them he is.
yeah, I don't get it .... I mean, he's not talentless ..... but some of his stuff is kinda crappy and his good stuff isn't really any better than the other good stuff out there ..... plus he's a prick.
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

Lt. Bob wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:24 pm

yeah, I don't get it .... I mean, he's not talentless ..... but some of his stuff is kinda crappy and his good stuff isn't really any better than the other good stuff out there ..... plus he's a prick.
I can't get past his ego . As you said he isn't talentless, i feel his talent is more marketing and branding. As an artist he is a mediocre pop star at the very best. Doesn't warrant this bigger than life itself sense of self he touts. There are far better artists out there that deserve what he has are now and they would likely still remain humble while enjoying the rock star life Kanye has. yet the remain largely undiscovered or just not "marketable"

And yes, he is a fucking prick.
:happytrees:
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

What is his actual talent?
Rebel Yell
Lt. Bob

Post by Lt. Bob »

Greg_L wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:03 pm What is his actual talent?
he has made some decent music but nothing really special to my tastes
Armistice

Post by Armistice »

KK obviously doesn't have enough money, he needs to earn his own...
JD01

Post by JD01 »

Kanye? Musically talentless nob.
vomitHatSteve

Post by vomitHatSteve »

Lt. Bob wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:33 pm
Greg_L wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:03 pm What is his actual talent?
he has made some decent music but nothing really special to my tastes
Yeah, I like his first couple albums. Plus, he spent a good 8 years producing for his local scene, paying his dues, and learning his chops; so I don't begrudge him some amount of success.
But there are certainly far better artists in his genre; almost certainly better artists from the scene he came up in; and he has definitely let his ego and rockstar lifestyle over-shadow any artistry.