Playing my new tune

The Rebels Drive-In Movie theater. A forum to share your videos, and also a place to get help with making videos from our upstanding rebel experts.
Armistice

Playing my new tune

Post by Armistice »

My mate asked me to do this, so I figured you lot can have a look too - just in case anyone's curious about how I play and what a seriously good looking rooster I am... :lollers:

After committing to do it I realised that either my video camera has either gone missing in the move, or it's back in Sydney still - and I wasn't going to be buggerising around with the DSLR this morning, so it was phone - looks like I should have cleaned the lens! - upload to Dropbox because the USB C connection on the phone is failing and I can no longer transfer date from it via cable, download to computer, from dropbox, put on USB stick, take up to video/audio computer, open in Sony Vegas, delete audio track, insert mixed audio track and buggerise round with a few video plug ins to try to improve the video quality, render, back onto USB stick, back downstairs to laptop to upload to YouTube. I need a nap... :eep:

Sorry about the legs. :wink:
vomitHatSteve

Re: Playing my new tune

Post by vomitHatSteve »

Are you playing with your nails or fingertips?
Armistice

Post by Armistice »

vomitHatSteve wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:25 am Are you playing with your nails or fingertips?
Pick between thumb and pointer, mainly fingertip with a bit of nail, depending upon the chord shape, for ring and middle. That's one of the complexities - it varies, and hitting a note with just nail makes it louder and brighter. My nails are shorter than they would be if I was doing serious acoustic playing. Keep breaking them off with working in the yard so much lately.
Alison

Post by Alison »

So great to actually see your face (avatars leave a LOT to the imagination)! And, legs? Looks like you have nicer legs than I do!!

You really went through a lot to get this done! I have no clue how to do any of that!! Having only 1 computer puts me at a disadvantage. Ah, technology, it will surely be the death of me. It sounded and looked great! Thanks for posting!
If I knew what I was doing, I'd be dangerous!