The Jongleurs live @ The Cloey, Sep 2011 #2 - Fraud

Weekend warriors or full-timers, if you perform live we want to hear about it!
Post your pics or videos, tell us about your gear and how you set it up! (or how that red head jumped up on stage just as your wife walked in) Every gig has a story please share them here.
Armistice

The Jongleurs live @ The Cloey, Sep 2011 #2 - Fraud

Post by Armistice »

It took a lot of work to be able to play this song whilst appearing not to be in a complete state of panic... :lollers:

I have to set up 3 separate loops for the three main parts of the song up front, then, play along, do harmonies, play a solo - all whilst controlling the loops - then set up a fourth loop for the ending and play another solo thing over it. Faaaark.... I think we gave away looping not long after this as it extended 3 minute songs into 6 minute epics - which cuts back on the number of tunes you get to play in a restricted set, but I'm glad I have this recorded anyway. Shame you can't see my feet... major tapdancing on pedals going on. :biggrin: Never worked so hard in my life.

Think we also spoke about long rambling intros to songs after this too... not that I was any better, but as we were watching it back later we both thought "We need to sharpen up the 'This next song is about....' speeches at the start" and so where we wanted to say something - and sometimes we didn't - we'd always thought about it beforehand...
vomitHatSteve

Re: The Jongleurs live @ The Cloey, Sep 2011 #2 - Fraud

Post by vomitHatSteve »

Banter is hard!
Real easy to go of on random, unfunny tangents and not just start the next song