NPBD

New Guitar Day? Obsessed with tone? 10 on the volume dial not enough? Celestion vs. Electrovoice? Cum in, feel the noize.
vomitHatSteve

NPBD

Post by vomitHatSteve »

New Pedal Board day

Also, new instagram account day, so we're testing out cross-posting from that!

I had some trollies that my larger speakers were on. I trimmed the excess off and realized that the remaining size was pretty good for a pedal board

So I chopped things down to size, strategically drilled holes for power drops and mounted the thing on some 2x4s

Then I ratchet strapped my pedals down nice and securely, ran all the cables for power and sound, and strapped those down.

So with this setup I have (starting from the right bottom row)

My wireless receiver,
My Mothership2 for synth
Big Muff for general fuzz bass
Boneshaker for extra-beefy bass distortion (but only below A)
Analog delay
Freeze (because there was room, honestly)

Then things get goofy. I'm gonna rebuild my outboard pedal board with all the really weird pedals (Generator 7446, circuit-bet chorus pedal, iStomps)
From the freeze, I have 3 choices for routing my bass signal: out to the amp, up to the top row for the DI signal chain, or out to my outboard pedal board (which I'm also gonna rebuild soon)
In the top row, I have a "tube" boost pedal and a Zinky Smokey. When playing the abomination, bass goes to the former; guitar goes to the latter. Then those go into left and right of the Flamma FS07 cab sim (which I will load with my own IRs as soon as their customer support explains why it's not letting me do so currently.
Then each of those hit a DI - one of which is padded to make up for the Smokey.

Lots of shenanigans, and I don't yet have a good way to transport it (just a smidge too wide for the suitcase I'd planned to use)
But once I solve that problem, this will be my go-to board for everything.
Armistice

Re: NPBD

Post by Armistice »

That is, literally, a pedal board. Where are the pedals?
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

Armistice wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:59 am That is, literally, a pedal board. Where are the pedals?
Lol. You gotta scroll, boomer. :coolstorybro:

It's a cool DIY project, but zip-ties? C'mon man you're half space alien. You gotta do better than that. Even us primitive humans know to use velcro.
Rebel Yell
JD01

Post by JD01 »

Steve, are you going to angle the board at all? Will make it nicer to use.
vomitHatSteve

Post by vomitHatSteve »

My previous board had velcro, but I was never too happy with the stability of it. The glue they use on that stuff never holds very well, and I want my pedals not moving!

As I was initially planning I considered angling it, but it seems comfortable enough as is to just have all my pedals 4-5" off the ground.
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

Awesome dude!!!

In a weird way the zip ties kind of suit you. Personally i think i would hate it but ofr you, it just kinds of fits you whole aesthetic and songs you make. I don't know why but it works.
:happytrees:
Armistice

Post by Armistice »

Greg_L wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:14 am
Lol. You gotta scroll, boomer. :coolstorybro:
Calm down. I was just distracted when I clicked on it and it went to Instagram and I saw my unbearably cute Instagram avatar at the bottom of the page... momentary lapse of attention. :lollers:

Happens to the best of us. :like:
Tadpui

Post by Tadpui »

I like how it kind of looks like a circuit board. I can only read a few of the FX on there, what all do you have strapped on there?
vomitHatSteve

Post by vomitHatSteve »

Tadpui wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:41 am I like how it kind of looks like a circuit board. I can only read a few of the FX on there, what all do you have strapped on there?
Wireless receiver
Mothership 2
Big Muff
Boneshaker
Delay
Freeze
"tube" boost
Zinky Smokey
Flamma FS07
DIs

Specific routing it is detailed in the wall of text in the first post.