Hello from Heidelberg!

Every great relationship starts with an introduction. Say "Hi!" and tells us a bit about yourself. Meet your new BFFs. No oversharing, please.
annikajayne

Hello from Heidelberg!

Post by annikajayne »

Hello,

my name is Annika Jayne. I'm an indie singer-songwriter from Heidelberg, Germany, writing and singing in three languages. I've already released a few EPs, singles, and two albums, and have been recording from home since early 2020. I use Cubase Artist and know enough to make decent recordings with it but I'm sure there's a hack or two I could learn.

Nice to meet you all! :smiles:
Tadpui

Re: Hello from Heidelberg!

Post by Tadpui »

Welcome aboard! Nice to meet you as well!
CrowsofFritz

Post by CrowsofFritz »

How’d you find this place? Nice of you to join.

Cubase is a DAW I haven’t used in a decade. I’m sure it’s wildly different now.
“Naaaaaaaaaah man. I ain’t touching that mic. That thing’s expensive!”
Armistice

Post by Armistice »

Morning Annika Jayne, from the Sunshine Coast Australia.😎 As my Miele washing machine says to me every time I turn it on: Willkommen. 😉

One of our regulars, although he's not here much these days, fancies his chances in the German language, beware... 😊 Yo @Bubba. I did it for three years in high school, a very long time ago now.
Last edited by Armistice on Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rayc

Post by rayc »

Olla.
Cheers
rayc
vomitHatSteve

Post by vomitHatSteve »

Welcome! Glad to have you aboard
Bubba

Post by Bubba »

Hi Annika Jayne, willkommen in unserer kleinen Gruppe! Es freut mich Sie kennenzulernen. Ich lerne seit 2 1/2 Jahren Deutsch und habe kürzlich ein Song auf Deutsch geschrieben und aufgenommen. :smiles:
Haggard Musician :mad:
JD01

Post by JD01 »

I understand most of that. But I couldn't get it in a conversation.

Ein gross bier bitte
annikajayne

Post by annikajayne »

Wow, thanks for the great reception! :biggrin:

Wow - ich hätte nicht gedacht, dass hier einige deutsch sprechen :smiles: @Bubba wo kann ich den Song hören?

But I guess I'll continue in English!

@JD01 Don't worry about it...German is an incredibly hard language! Prost! :stein: (Although I prefer red wine...)

@CrowsofFritz - I've never worked with anything else but Cubase, so wouldn't have anything to compare it with. Which DAW are you using?

Finally, I'd just like to say hello to @Alison since she's introduced me to you!
Lt. Bob

Post by Lt. Bob »

annikajayne wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:51 pm

Finally, I'd just like to say hello to @Alison since she's introduced me to you!
Welcome Welcome to the World of TOMOROW-W-W-W-W .... oh wait, that's my Disney job

Glad to have ya' here .... any friend of Alison's is a friend of ours
Armistice

Post by Armistice »

JD01 wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:26 pm I understand most of that. But I couldn't get it in a conversation.

Ein gross bier bitte
Yeah me too. Amazing how things you learn when you're about 13 stick with you... Einmal. (separate topic - do you ever really move on from the music you loved as a teenager?)

My schoolboy German really got useful (wasn't much good in actual Germany as most people spoke English and put me out of my misery early) when I was in Italy trying to get a room in a pensione. I didn't speak Italian and the woman running the place didn't speak English, but I think we both did German at school ... Haben sie ein Zimmer bitte? Ja! Or something like that. Long time ago. :biggrin:
Armistice

Post by Armistice »

annikajayne wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:51 pm Wow, thanks for the great reception! :biggrin:

Wow - ich hätte nicht gedacht, dass hier einige deutsch sprechen :smiles: @Bubba wo kann ich den Song hören?

But I guess I'll continue in English!

@JD01 Don't worry about it...German is an incredibly hard language! Prost! :stein: (Although I prefer red wine...)

@CrowsofFritz - I've never worked with anything else but Cubase, so wouldn't have anything to compare it with. Which DAW are you using?

Three languages, you said.... English, German, and .... ???
annikajayne

Post by annikajayne »

French. It's been my passion for a long time now. Hence the red wine, lol!
Armistice

Post by Armistice »

annikajayne wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:15 pm French. It's been my passion for a long time now. Hence the red wine, lol!
@WhiskeyJack - I think we'll be needing a red wine smiley for the collection... :wink:
annikajayne

Post by annikajayne »

Armistice wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:11 pm My schoolboy German really got useful (wasn't much good in actual Germany as most people spoke English and put me out of my misery early) when I was in Italy trying to get a room in a pensione. I didn't speak Italian and the woman running the place didn't speak English, but I think we both did German at school ... Haben sie ein Zimmer bitte? Ja! Or something like that. Long time ago. :biggrin:
What a fun story!! :biggrin:
CrowsofFritz

Post by CrowsofFritz »

annikajayne wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:51 pm @CrowsofFritz - I've never worked with anything else but Cubase, so wouldn't have anything to compare it with. Which DAW are you using?
I’ve used most DAWs out there: Pro Tools, Cubase, Studio One, Digital Performer, GarageBand, Logic, etc.

But I’ve settled on Reason. It looks like virtual hardware, which is what I learned on (weird, because it was 2011. I should have learned all in the computer at that point).

Reason is mostly for people doing electronic dance music, so I’m a bit of an outlier using it for indie folk.
“Naaaaaaaaaah man. I ain’t touching that mic. That thing’s expensive!”
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

CrowsofFritz wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:32 pm Reason is mostly for people doing electronic dance music, so I’m a bit of an outlier using it for indie folk.
I think @HatfieldCreek uses Reason for his tracking perhaps? I think maybe he is also one of the few outliers here that uses Apple hardware too? Or maybe he built a Hackintosh? I can't really remember? Something like that though.

He doesn't come around here much anymore but he could be of some help. Just @ him. If you ever need to pick his brain. He probably get's those notifications. :like:
:happytrees:
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

Welcome aboard Annika! A friend of Alisons is always welcome.
:happytrees:
Alison

Post by Alison »

annikajayne wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 3:11 pm Hello,

my name is Annika Jayne. I'm an indie singer-songwriter from Heidelberg, Germany, writing and singing in three languages. I've already released a few EPs, singles, and two albums, and have been recording from home since early 2020. I use Cubase Artist and know enough to make decent recordings with it but I'm sure there's a hack or two I could learn.

Nice to meet you all! :smiles:
Oh, Annika! so happy you have joined this group of wonderful misfits! So happy you have joined this group! They are a treasure trough of great information!
If I knew what I was doing, I'd be dangerous!
Armistice

Post by Armistice »

Alison wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:53 pm They are a treasure trough of great information!
Ahem... :mad3:

"Trove" perhaps? :lollers:

Although the Mountain Dew Lounge gets a bit troughy at times... :wink: