Holy Bummer Batman.

General recording topics.
vomitHatSteve

Re: Holy Bummer Batman.

Post by vomitHatSteve »

Armistice wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:23 pm This is the exact reason I left my PC at Win 7 and never do updates to the OS. I'll update Reaper, but nothing else.

So far the only negative manifestation is that I can't update the Kemper further than it already is as Win 7 support only went so far, so I'm missing out on a bunch of "cool" stuff I'm sure, but cool stuff is a rabbit hole I seek to avoid. I learnt about the Win 7 support when I went to upgrade it because apparently the new version has some good distortion stomp box stuff. No biggie.

Everything. Just. Works. When it's seriously time to update the machine, I'll just be getting a new machine and starting afresh.

Good luck WJ! I feel your pain...
Yeah, I'm pretty happy with my air-gapped Win7 DAW.

Whenever I get around to putting Win11 on my main computer, I'll probably refrain from putting my 10 license on the DAW like I have before.
Lt. Bob

Post by Lt. Bob »

Apparently you can bypass system requirements for Windows 11.
I got this from a shop that I used when I had a dead hard drive to get the data off the dead drive.
here's what they said to do:

1.Boot from a Windows 11 USB installer, and start the install process. Continue until you cannot go any further, which should bring you to the “This PC can’t run Windows 11” window. Press buttons Shift + F10 together at the same time. This will bring up the command prompt. Type regedit and press the ENTER key. The Registry Editor window will open. Expand HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE folder from the left side of the window. Expand the SYSTEM folder, then Right Click on the Setup folder, go to New, then Left Click on Key. A new folder will be created, make sure to name this folder LabConfig.

2.Inside the Registry Editor window on the right pane, Right Click on the white area inside this pane, a menu will appear, go to New, and then choose DWORD (32-bit) Value. A New Value #1 will appear waiting to be renamed, rename this as BypassTPMCheck. Double left click the newly created BypassTPMCheck, a new window will appear. Inside the Value data: box, change the value from 0 to 1, then click the OK button.

3.We are going to create 3 more new values, by Right Clicking in the same right pane, in the white area. Then rename this new value to BypassCPUCheck, the next value, call it BypassRAMCheck, and the next value, call it BypassSecureBootCheck. Double left click on each one of these newly created values, and change the Value data: box from 0 to 1, remember to do this for each one you created.

4.We are almost done. Close the Registry Editor window, then Close the Command Prompt window, and then close the window that said “This PC can’t run Windows 11”. A dialog box will pop up asking “Are you sure you want to quit?” Choose the Yes button. You will be left with a window to choose Install Now, go ahead and Install Windows 11. That’s it! Congratulations, you are now on your way to installing Windows 11 on your computer, completely bypassing all of the system requirements.
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

WhiskeyJack wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 3:01 am Nothing sucks the wind out of a guys sails faster than trying to MAKE time to be creative again and then get cockblocked by a freakin onslaught of nothing but technical glitches, missing paths, missing plug ins, twaeking windows 10 and the computer for millionth bloody time. etc etc etc etc .

for over two hours. honestly. I have done nothing but patch holes in my DAW's Drywall for 2 hours.

Frig. This is entirely why i tapped out this all together back in 2009. :dislike:
This.

Fucking this. :headwall: :headwall:

I had some gusto, inspiration and motivation hit yesterday and set aside time for the first time in a long time to get something done and off my mind and wouldn't ya friggin know..... Tech issues. Last time i had it open was the week before i smashed myself up working on a bit of a collab with @JD01 and everything was fine. Perfect in fact.

Last night i hammered out an idea in my head and played it thru a few times, flashed up my DAW, opened reaper and whenever i jumped from the project that opened by default to go open another project tab the shit would crash. Like clockwork.

After 4 or 5 hours last night and about the same tonight just cautiously enabling / disabling deleting things it was all because of a stupid bunged up Hiwatt amp sim within Amplitude 5 (on a track with nothing recorded to it???) in the default project file that opened up. It wouldn't for whatever reason load the cab sim so, LOGICALLY, it just cratered the entire piece of software and wouldn't let me do anything but stay in that one file until i hit play. Which also resulted in a crash.

I reinstalled Amplitube 5 and presto. Shit works.

But still. Wind = out of sails.
:happytrees:
JD01

Post by JD01 »

Stop making excuses... get back to work.
Armistice

Post by Armistice »

I had Amplitube but never used it. Uninstalled it a couple of months ago.

More likely it's Trudeau's fault. You won't be able to record anything until he's gone.