Interesting guitar tone video

New Guitar Day? Obsessed with tone? 10 on the volume dial not enough? Celestion vs. Electrovoice? Cum in, feel the noize.
musicturtle

Interesting guitar tone video

Post by musicturtle »

I found this video interesting, I am not a tone expert in any way so I found the different things that actually affected it a bit enlightening.

WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Re: Interesting guitar tone video

Post by WhiskeyJack »

Holy shit. this will be a good one ot have on in the back ground at work tomorrow. Looking forward to this one.
:happytrees:
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

That was pretty good. All of his results are the same that I've gotten doing my own stuff.
Rebel Yell
vomitHatSteve

Post by vomitHatSteve »

That's a lot of things covered incredibly quickly!

Probably would be more valuable as a whole series, but a lot harder to sell folks on watching that

edit: lol. I just got to where he talks about string age. Love that he notes that the tele with old strings has seen heavy use; the SG and Gretsch did not. No opinions in the video - except that yes, he absolutely prefers teles.
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

Ok the cable thing got me!!!!

I now have so many questions. I have a pretty long run of speaker cable going from my head to my cab. Like maybe 40 or 50 ft??? Would that also be acting as a low pass in the same way as a long cable going into the front of the amp?????

EDIT: OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Speaker cables is up right now.....

EDIT 2: Ok very little difference in contrast to the long cable going into the front of the amp. Got just a hair warmer with a long cable going into the back of the cab if anything. Which might make a muddy dirty tone maybe? Interesting as hell. :like: :like:
:happytrees: