Mic screw bracket things

What type and size you need, and where you should point it. Does a large diaphragm do a better job in preventing pregnancy than a small? WTF is phantom power and why do you need it? All these important questions and more, discussed within. Entendre at your own risk.
JD01

Re: Mic screw bracket things

Post by JD01 »

Lt. Bob wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:56 am
JD01 wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 3:56 am
Yeah, you actually screw the mic onto the circular bit.
do you?
I have like seven LDC mics that use a mount like that ..... all of them are threaded but there's a collar that goes in from below the mount and that's what the mic screws into clamping it to the mount .... on none of them does the mic itself screw into the mount.
Now the collar itself varies and is mic specific although a few of mine will work for a couple of mics but the threaded part of that mount is meant for a matching collar that is what actually screws to and clamps the mic

And in fact, looking at the pic of the expensive one, you can clearly see the knurled part of the collar below the large hole the mic goes thru .... that's what screws into the mount ..... you'd unscrew that put the mic in place and when you slip the collar on it screws to the mic holding it in place.
A mount for a MXL LDC might work ..... what mic are you needing this for?
It's just a cheepy focusrite condenser. We have two of them, they're handy as podcast mics.
musicturtle

Post by musicturtle »

@JD01

Cannot find specific item on Amazon UK but would one of these options work?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=large+diap ... e-asc-rank
liv_rong

Post by liv_rong »

That’s the setup my AT2020’s use.