Is this a girly-coloured guitar?

New Guitar Day? Obsessed with tone? 10 on the volume dial not enough? Celestion vs. Electrovoice? Cum in, feel the noize.
muttley

Re: Is this a girly-coloured guitar?

Post by muttley »

Bill L wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:38 pm .................. I remember some random dude calling me gay because I had a rose embroidered on my shirt. I was going to a hockey game and the shirt was an English National Rugby team shirt and he's busting my balls. 😂 Thankfully I don't concern myself with morons like that. Here's a pic of said Tele. It still needs a new neck and when time allows I'll buy it.

Corona Tele.jpg
I'd like to see that guy say that in one or two of the bars around Twickenham after a game... :lollers:
muttley

Post by muttley »

I love that colour BTW. I'd use it, nice looking guitar.
Armistice

Post by Armistice »

That price was bugging me. It's huge for a brand that's relatively unknown here.

Started looking around and instantly found it for a RRP of $1,000 less (the one in Brisbane is already "discounted"), in Sydney, of all places... but there's always shipping.

http://www.guitarfactory.com.au/Guitars ... unset-rose

Was also chatting to GF last night, and she was like "just buy it..." and "I'll pay for it"... which I won't let her as it's far to expensive for a gift, but it's nice to see she's appreciating the probably $30,000 I'm saving us by painting this massive house myself... :wink:

Although maybe as a combo birthday (October) and Xmas gift... hmmmm. :wink:

Anyway, it seems to be firming as a viable option. :like:
Armistice

Post by Armistice »

Or indeed, in a different colour, cheaper again - and it appears to be an actual guitar in an actual guitar shop that's only about 20 minutes from me on the Sunshine Coast...

https://www.mooloolabamusic.com.au/dues ... lon-blue-i
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

Armistice wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 7:06 pm Or indeed, in a different colour, cheaper again - and it appears to be an actual guitar in an actual guitar shop that's only about 20 minutes from me on the Sunshine Coast...

Yeah that's nice. Go get it.

INCLUDES CASE! :not worthy:
Rebel Yell
Armistice

Post by Armistice »

Greg_L wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 7:57 pm
Armistice wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 7:06 pm Or indeed, in a different colour, cheaper again - and it appears to be an actual guitar in an actual guitar shop that's only about 20 minutes from me on the Sunshine Coast...

Yeah that's nice. Go get it.

INCLUDES CASE! :not worthy:
I may just do that, but next week...

Just had a look at their site, and the colour options on this model - now this is a pink guitar... :lollers:
Capture.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

Armistice wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 9:57 pm

I may just do that, but next week...

Just had a look at their site, and the colour options on this model - now this is a pink guitar... :lollers:

Capture.PNG
I've actually seen that one in person...or one just like it. I remember it being pink, but not quite that pink. That's going a little too far for me. Not so much the pink, but the bathroom tile....just no.
Rebel Yell
JD01

Post by JD01 »

That one looks really nice, Armistice.
Armistice

Post by Armistice »

OK, so the situation is developing...

FIrstly, I went down to the store that has the blue one - Mooloolaba Music - and holy mother of god, my local guitar store is also the biggest guitar store I've ever been in! There must have been 200+ electric guitars on the wall - I tried to count but got distracted - shiny, shiny... :lollers:

Even had a nice array of lefties for the demon-possessed among us.

Didn't see any Rickies but they had most everything else you'd want - Gibson, Fender, PRS, Ibanez, Gretsch, Duesenberg and even these, which I've never seen or heard of before:
20210918_100631_resized.jpg

And not just one of them as an oddity, they have 5 of them... :eep: Don't know what they were but they're not cheap - $3500-ish. And more Teles, Strats, LPs and SGs than you'd ever want. Amazing.

So, I found the blue Duesenberg...

20210918_100730_resized.jpg

and got the guy to get it down for me and went into an amp room (they have more than one... :smiles: ) and had a play... bit hard to take a selfie with a guitar on your knee.
20210918_101421_resized.jpg

It was nice. I was, however, getting some tuning stuff using the vibrato arm on the G string (and it's always the damn G string) and that is the main reason to get this guitar. Plus I'm wearing a face mask and I probably should have taken it off seeing I was in a room by myself. Not uber comfortable. Has a P90 as neck pickup which was pretty usable I thought - I tend to not really use neck pickups much. Normal humbucker in the bridge. Very nice, but I'd like to know that the tuning thing with the G-string is fixable - any number of reasons a guitar off the wall in a guitar shop needs a bit of work, as I'm sure you know.

So I think I'll get it but I didn't get it today. And here's the amazing thing - and perhaps I need my head read - my GF is locked in Sydney and clearly not going to be up here by my birthday (6 Oct, thanks for asking... :punk: ) and she's saying "I'll buy it for you for your birthday!" and I'm saying "No... waaaaay too expensive." :headwall: So someone offers to buy me a really nice guitar and I tell them not too... :cuckoo:

Anyway, perhaps she can buy half of it and it can be birthday and Christmas... or something. Stay tuned! Hopefully it will still be there when I get around to the purchase decision.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ausrock

Post by Ausrock »

Funny, I was on Moo's website earlier looking at mandolins. Ric's are harder to come by than Fenders, Gibsons, etc., it's why when my son wanted to buy me one we imported a Ric 325/12 from the US.

NOW.........the big question........do you really need that guitar? :smiles:

:cool:
Armistice

Post by Armistice »

Ausrock wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:20 am
NOW.........the big question........do you really need that guitar? :smiles:

:cool:
Well who ever needs a guitar? Hardly one of life's essentials. :biggrin:

I sort of decided long ago not to become a collector of guitars that I don't actually play and would only ever get additional guitars if they filled some particular hole that I'd decided needed filling. And I didn't just find these things yesterday, had my eye on them as a potential because of the semi-hollow and vibrato system for a long time - just never been physically near one or really knew how much they cost, and when my mate showed me the pink one his daughter is lusting over, it brought it back to top of mind.

Not that I'll be getting the pink one anyway, but I did check with the daughter and she's saving her money up for a new hip, not a guitar - unfortunate accident with a horse about 5 years ago means one of her hips is pretty much done - sad for a 22 year old, but nothing to be done - so I could have bought the pink one guilt free, except for the ridiculous pricing.

I actually wrote an email to the store that had the pink one Saturday morning, seeing if they'd budge, pointing out that they were well over the mark, and when I got back from playing the blue one, I noticed it was still sitting in my Outbox, so perhaps fate took a hand. I deleted it before it could send.

Anyway, after negotiations with GF - basically me going "Are you sure? Are you REALLY sure? Are you REALLY, REALLY, REALLY sure?" - it's going to be my combo birthday and Xmas present and reward for painting the house... assuming it's still there tomorrow when I go down again to Mooloolaba. So, no, I don't need it, but I'm going to get it... :wink: Watch out for the NGD thread.

Will see if I can get the price down any further but I suspect they're one of these places that don't do the fucking around with RRP that lots of them still do, and the price is the price, and it has been discounted already from their "street" price by a few hundred. And it's the cheapest one in the country I can find... so probably as good as it's going to get. I also particularly like that it has a D monogram badge on the upper bit - I'll be able to pretend that I had it made to order... :lollers:
Armistice

Post by Armistice »

Oh, and those weird looking guitars in the first pic - turns out they're Fenech brand - good Australian name with a proud history... :lollers: - and they're made on the Gold Coast - or at least that's where the factory is - who knows where they're made. Have a closer look at the pup covers... @muttley - what do you think is going on there?

Think Mr Fenech should drop the bursts and do some more interesting solid colours, personally.
muttley

Post by muttley »

Armistice wrote:Oh, and those weird looking guitars in the first pic - turns out they're Fenech brand - good Australian name with a proud history... Imagelers: - and they're made on the Gold Coast - or at least that's where the factory is - who knows where they're made. Have a closer look at the pup covers... [mention]muttley[/mention] - what do you think is going on there?

Think Mr Fenech should drop the bursts and do some more interesting solid colours, personally.
Cosmetically they all seem to have standard open top covers is all. I do them as all they are are standard bucker footprint winds encased in an open top cover. The covers are supposed to both open up the sound (debatable) and look cool.

If you get any of the ones pictured above it would be easy to wind up pups that both look the same and wound to your spex.

I did something simar to those for Lt a while back but not sure if he ever fitted them to a guitar yet.