Is this a girly-coloured guitar?

New Guitar Day? Obsessed with tone? 10 on the volume dial not enough? Celestion vs. Electrovoice? Cum in, feel the noize.
Armistice

Is this a girly-coloured guitar?

Post by Armistice »

Duesenberg Starplayer TV Cataline Sunset Rose

I sort of want it. It's an actual guitar in an actual guitar shop in Brisbane, so I could buy it. Don't see many Duesenbergs over here. I always said my next electric had to have a really good "normal" trem system - ie. not Floyd Rose, and by all accounts these are the best.

Only problem is, I only know this guitar exists because my mate showed it to me, and the only reason he knows it exists is because his 22 year old daughter wants it. Now I suspect she, having just spent a ridiculous amount on a custom acoustic whilst still being a student, doesn't currently have the scratch for an expensive guitar, so it's more a lust item than a potential reality for her. But I might get in trouble if I buy it... :biggrin: But then I guess, at least she could play it sometimes.

And I sort of feel like, after all the shit that's happened in the last couple of months, I'm owed a treat... :biggrin:

But metallic pink, though. :lollers:

aimmhi6nxwzlauzfcujn-1024x768.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CrowsofFritz

Re: Is this a girly-coloured guitar?

Post by CrowsofFritz »

HELL NO. Pink is awesome, as long as it’s not like hello kitty shit, but that pink looks badass.
“Naaaaaaaaaah man. I ain’t touching that mic. That thing’s expensive!”
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

Not a "girly" color. It's just a color. I'd play a metallic pink guitar and beat the dogshit out of any dumb caveman douchebag that gives me any crap for it.
Rebel Yell
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

NAh.

Pink is really badass. And that guitar looks super cool! I say go ahead and get it!!!

Pink is kind of a really popular color I think lately. It's been catching my eye more often the last little while. Eastwood had a MEGA limited (5 units) of an almost candied pink Airline Jupiter preorder not too long ago. It looked VERY sharp!

@Bill L also has a pretty bad ass homemade pink tele too.
:happytrees:
Lt. Bob

Post by Lt. Bob »

I like it a lot ....... and friends daughter can just go cry if she doesn't like you having it
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

Armistice wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 6:44 pm I always said my next electric had to have a really good "normal" trem system - ie. not Floyd Rose, and by all accounts these are the best.
It's just a Bigsby, right? Or a Duesenberg/Bigsby collaboration? I mean, it looks exactly like a B7 Bigsby that's been sculpted for Duesenberg. Not that there's anything wrong with that. Bigsbys fucking rule.
Rebel Yell
JD01

Post by JD01 »

Everything I've read about dusenbergs suggear they are great! All the decently recorded sound clips are great too.
Armistice

Post by Armistice »

Greg_L wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 1:35 am
Armistice wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 6:44 pm I always said my next electric had to have a really good "normal" trem system - ie. not Floyd Rose, and by all accounts these are the best.
It's just a Bigsby, right? Or a Duesenberg/Bigsby collaboration? I mean, it looks exactly like a B7 Bigsby that's been sculpted for Duesenberg. Not that there's anything wrong with that. Bigsbys fucking rule.
It's their own take on a Bigsby - seems like it's something they've been evolving for a long time... this guy likes it.

I've never played a Bigsby guitar, or one of these, so I only have YouTube to go on. :confused:
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

Armistice wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:48 am
I've never played a Bigsby guitar, or one of these, so I only have YouTube to go on. :confused:
They don't usually have the range of a typical Strat vibrato, and nowhere near the range of a Floyd. You might be able to coax a 2-step pitch dip out of it at most. They're not for that though. They're more about little shimmers and wiggles.
Rebel Yell
vomitHatSteve

Post by vomitHatSteve »

I don't think I'd even call that pink. It's more a maroon or wine color.

If your friend's kid has the means to get it, it would be unkind to snipe it from her. But if she doesn't, and it will bring you joy, go nuts.
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

My first impression was it's like a cheap pink champagne or Shirley Temple drink. I like it.
Rebel Yell
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

JD01 wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 3:46 am All the decently recorded sound clips are great too.
A decently recorded 150 Dollar Squire Strat can also sound good. I fail to see the point you are making you turd.
:happytrees:
JD01

Post by JD01 »

WhiskeyJack wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 12:54 pm
JD01 wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 3:46 am All the decently recorded sound clips are great too.
A decently recorded 150 Dollar Squire Strat can also sound good. I fail to see the point you are making you turd.
Thats what i was saying, fuckwad. A decent recording will make anything sound good.
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

I bet that guitar probably does sound good though. Or at least not bad. I could probably make it sound bad in person and on recordings.
Rebel Yell
JD01

Post by JD01 »

Greg_L wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 1:09 pm I bet that guitar probably does sound good though. Or at least not bad. I could probably make it sound bad in person and on recordings.
Yeah, there's not gonna be junk pickups and hardware on a 2 grand guitar.
Ausrock

Post by Ausrock »

Approx., $4.5k AU. :eep:
Armistice

Post by Armistice »

Ausrock wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 1:18 pm Approx., $4.5k AU. :eep:
Yes... That's the main problem. That's new Les Paul standard territory. 😳 Or north, even...
Armistice

Post by Armistice »

vomitHatSteve wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 11:04 am
If your friend's kid has the means to get it, it would be unkind to snipe it from her. But if she doesn't, and it will bring you joy, go nuts.
Also could be a good life lesson for her... 😀 I don't think she's seriously thinking of it - she simply can't have that much money any more. And she doesn't even own an electric - never even seen her play one. Also, no amp. Her father has.

But I'd check first.🙂
Bill L

Post by Bill L »

WhiskeyJack wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:29 pm NAh.

Pink is really badass. And that guitar looks super cool! I say go ahead and get it!!!

Pink is kind of a really popular color I think lately. It's been catching my eye more often the last little while. Eastwood had a MEGA limited (5 units) of an almost candied pink Airline Jupiter preorder not too long ago. It looked VERY sharp!

@Bill L also has a pretty bad ass homemade pink tele too.
Color means nothing. And I love bothering people that get all worked up over stupid shit. I have a pink Tele, it's awesome. I have Wonder Women Chuck Taylors, and I love it when people act stupid because it makes me laugh. I remember some random dude calling me gay because I had a rose embroidered on my shirt. I was going to a hockey game and the shirt was an English National Rugby team shirt and he's busting my balls. 😂 Thankfully I don't concern myself with morons like that. Here's a pic of said Tele. It still needs a new neck and when time allows I'll buy it.
Corona Tele.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
rayc

Post by rayc »

Remember PINK was the BOY colour in early Victorian times.
If it bothers you call is pale salmon, bleached red or pastel puce.
Nice looking guitar though.
Cheers
rayc