Mid-pandemic live video

Weekend warriors or full-timers, if you perform live we want to hear about it!
Post your pics or videos, tell us about your gear and how you set it up! (or how that red head jumped up on stage just as your wife walked in) Every gig has a story please share them here.
vomitHatSteve

Mid-pandemic live video

Post by vomitHatSteve »

I did a handful of virtual events last year. Biggest of which was probably Dragon*Con.

They told me that I was allowed to post the video to my own channels but not until that October... so I just didn't bother.
But, being as I'm working on this year's video, I figured I might as well post it now!

I'm pretty happy with how this turned out.

Especially sound wise. I like how my solo stuff sounds if I can multi-track record it these days.
rayc

Re: Mid-pandemic live video

Post by rayc »

vomitHatSteve wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 7:00 pm I did a handful of virtual events last year. Biggest of which was probably Dragon*Con.

They told me that I was allowed to post the video to my own channels but not until that October... so I just didn't bother.
But, being as I'm working on this year's video, I figured I might as well post it now!

I'm pretty happy with how this turned out.

Especially sound wise. I like how my solo stuff sounds if I can multi-track record it these days.
Huge shades of mid period Shadows' footwork without the box.
Sound quality is goood.
Cheers
rayc
vomitHatSteve

Post by vomitHatSteve »

I don't think I've ever heard of the Shadows. Wikipedia tells them their career spanned from 1958 til... last year. Oh geeze! What would their mid period be then?
JD01

Post by JD01 »

Still haven't had a chance to watch this.
CrowsofFritz

Post by CrowsofFritz »

Are you.....are you controlling something with that dance pad? Lol.

At first I thought the distorted guitar was the bass. This is fun!
“Naaaaaaaaaah man. I ain’t touching that mic. That thing’s expensive!”
vomitHatSteve

Post by vomitHatSteve »

CrowsofFritz wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 2:40 pm Are you.....are you controlling something with that dance pad? Lol.
Yeah, it's triggering the drums and synths.
At first I thought the distorted guitar was the bass. This is fun!
It is. It's a short scale bass with 3 guitar-gauge strings.

Thanks for the watch!
JD01

Post by JD01 »

This sounds really good, Steve. Sounds like a decent mix! Especially for something you obviously put together on the fly!
Great stuff.

LOL. I've not heard Starship Troopers before. I didn't know there was more than one film. I've only seen the first one and quite liked it - I didn't watch it when it came out though, I only saw it for the first time about 5 years ago.
vomitHatSteve

Post by vomitHatSteve »

I don't think I posted Starship Troopers here when I first wrote it. Since it was for RPM/FAWM of 2020, I had a whole batch of songs I was mixing at once and only posted a few of them. (The album is finally available in hard copy as of - like - last week too: https://needlejuicerecords.com/product/rf2020/)

I really can't recommend any of the Starship Troopers sequels. The original was good, but the rest kind of go off the rails and lose track of the fact that it's supposed to be satire of facism.
JD01

Post by JD01 »

vomitHatSteve wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 6:23 pm I really can't recommend any of the Starship Troopers sequels. The original was good, but the rest kind of go off the rails and lose track of the fact that it's supposed to be satire of facism.
Yeah, I thought it was really hilarious when I watched it. Its the same guy that made Robocop isn't it?
vomitHatSteve

Post by vomitHatSteve »

JD01 wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 4:59 am
vomitHatSteve wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 6:23 pm I really can't recommend any of the Starship Troopers sequels. The original was good, but the rest kind of go off the rails and lose track of the fact that it's supposed to be satire of facism.
Yeah, I thought it was really hilarious when I watched it. Its the same guy that made Robocop isn't it?
Yeah, Paul Verhoeven