Prices...

New Guitar Day? Obsessed with tone? 10 on the volume dial not enough? Celestion vs. Electrovoice? Cum in, feel the noize.
Greg_L

Prices...

Post by Greg_L »

Any of yall watching the used markets lately?

If you're looking to buy, don't look now. It'll scare you. I'm glad I bought all my shit way before the pandemic. I'm looking around at my own stuff and it's all gone up at least 50% in value. I could literally double my money back or more on some of these things. :eep:
Rebel Yell
Lt. Bob

Re: Prices...

Post by Lt. Bob »

I've been rebuilding my deck after stepping thru it and hurting myself.

A pressure treated 2x12 8 foot long is 47 bucks!

And I really need to replace my van since it's dead and I'm having to use wifey's car to carry my gear to gigs and it's a PIA.

Used car prices are stupid high
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

Interesting. No I haven't bothered to look. But it stands to reason that the market will likely be flooded with tons of shit and none of it will be priced reasonably.
:happytrees:
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

Lt. Bob wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:33 pm I've been rebuilding my deck after stepping thru it and hurting myself.

A pressure treated 2x12 8 foot long is 47 bucks!

And I really need to replace my van since it's dead and I'm having to use wifey's car to carry my gear to gigs and it's a PIA.

Used car prices are stupid high
I was gonna build a miniramp in my backyard, then I looked at lumber prices. Ho-Lee-Fuck. Nope.
Rebel Yell
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

WhiskeyJack wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:44 pm Interesting. No I haven't bothered to look. But it stands to reason that the market will likely be flooded with tons of shit and none of it will be priced reasonably.
Just two years ago, clean 70s-era LP Customs were in the $2500 range. They're tickling 5 grand now. Some Silverbursts are nearing the $10k mark. The Norlin era, which purists hated, is becoming golden. I paid $2700 for my very nice original 78 LP Custom in 2016. I think I could get $5k for it now if I wanted.
Rebel Yell
CrowsofFritz

Post by CrowsofFritz »

The price of just about everything is higher. Music stuff, magic cards, computer parts. It’s crazy.
“Naaaaaaaaaah man. I ain’t touching that mic. That thing’s expensive!”
Manslick

Post by Manslick »

12 pack o Coors light pre-pan $10.49. now near $13. sad
Louisville KY
vomitHatSteve

Post by vomitHatSteve »

Manslick wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:33 pm 12 pack o Coors light pre-pan $10.49. now near $13. sad
It's to the point that you can't live on an honest day's wages!
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

Lone Star is still five bucks a 12-pack.
Rebel Yell
Lt. Bob

Post by Lt. Bob »

CrowsofFritz wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:00 pm The price of just about everything is higher. Music stuff, magic cards, computer parts. It’s crazy.
maybe but prices have been stable and not rising here for at least a decade ...... there was always gonna be a time when prices would rise ..... it's now
muttley

Post by muttley »

Lt. Bob wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:49 am
CrowsofFritz wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:00 pm The price of just about everything is higher. Music stuff, magic cards, computer parts. It’s crazy.
maybe but prices have been stable and not rising here for at least a decade ...... there was always gonna be a time when prices would rise ..... it's now
Yep, the pure logistics of static labour and static supply chains will dictate that. I have seen costs for basic consumables for guitar building and pup winding rise by around 30% this year. No sign of that dropping although it has tailed off. Luckily I can absorb a lot of it by being more frugal than I used to be but it has hit my margins at a time when demand is pretty low in our sector.