Favorite beats.

Lloyd Christmas: Wanna hear the most annoying sound in the world?
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Re: Favorite beats.

Post by WhiskeyJack »

As a non drummer who would love to be able to play drums i find all drum beats to be my favorite. Drums in general are awesome.

The only time i ever heard a drum thing that made me genuinely rewind the track to hear what is going on was the intro to Death Comes Ripping by the misfits. I am sure it is largely nothing impressive or difficult, but it caught my attention enough to always give it a few listens.

@Greg_L Do you know the fill right at the beginning of that song i am talking about? Some one once told me it was a triplet or something of some variety but i don't even speak drum language or anything so i don't know what i am talking about. I am sure it is just stupid easy but it sounds cool.

Also pretty much any song from the band Save us from thy archon that has drums just mystifies me. I don't know how any drummer could make any kind of sense out of the noise those two guitarists make but he manages to provide a coherent flowing rhythm section to support a bass player. I only listen to that band for the drummer. That is the only reason I ever put them on.
:happytrees:
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

WhiskeyJack wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:47 pm

@Greg_L Do you know the fill right at the beginning of that song i am talking about? Some one once told me it was a triplet or something of some variety but i don't even speak drum language or anything so i don't know what i am talking about. I am sure it is just stupid easy but it sounds cool.
yup its just triplets.
Rebel Yell
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

Greg_L wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:59 pm
WhiskeyJack wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:47 pm

yup its just triplets.
Doesn't take much to impress me really.
:happytrees:
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

WhiskeyJack wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:04 pm

Doesn't take much to impress me really.
triplets are cool. theyre not crazy hard but they can add a frantic kind of feel over a regular 4/4 beat.
Rebel Yell
JD01

Post by JD01 »

Been thinking about this more lately and started working on a new drum sound - want something roomier and livelier.
What you think of this drum sound?
Scentless Apprentice Drum Intro.mp3
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
vomitHatSteve

Post by vomitHatSteve »

Kind of gives me vibes of a heavier version of Prevenge
Tadpui

Post by Tadpui »

I do like the snare sound. The reverb gives it some width and spreads it out a bit.