Flangers

New Guitar Day? Obsessed with tone? 10 on the volume dial not enough? Celestion vs. Electrovoice? Cum in, feel the noize.
Greg_L

Re: Flangers

Post by Greg_L »

JD01 wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 11:35 am I just found that the SD-1 sounded really "generic", maybe characterless,
Haha that's what I like about it. I don't ever want to hear the pedal. I just want it to lightly "enhance" the amp.
Rebel Yell
JD01

Post by JD01 »

And here's some Flanger bollocks. I think it sounds pretty good. Certainly as I remember - I was worries it was gonna be total shite and even worse than the one I hated recently.
Flanger Bollocks.mp3
So - its not amazing. But not shite. I'll call that a win for 40 quid off eBay.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lt. Bob

Post by Lt. Bob »

JD01 wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 1:27 pm And here's some Flanger bollocks. I think it sounds pretty good. Certainly as I remember - I was worries it was gonna be total shite and even worse than the one I hated recently.
Flanger Bollocks.mp3
it does sound good .... is that the Arion?
JD01

Post by JD01 »

Lt. Bob wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 2:33 pm
JD01 wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 1:27 pm And here's some Flanger bollocks. I think it sounds pretty good. Certainly as I remember - I was worries it was gonna be total shite and even worse than the one I hated recently.
Flanger Bollocks.mp3
it does sound good .... is that the Arion?
Yeah.
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

Flanger Bollocks.mp3
It sounds okay...with whatever that setting is. If you like it, then great. To me it has that metallic clunky warble that I'm trying to avoid in flangers.

Let's hear it with some chords and amp aggression.
Rebel Yell
JD01

Post by JD01 »

Greg_L wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 2:52 pm
Flanger Bollocks.mp3
It sounds okay...with whatever that setting is. If you like it, then great. To me it has that metallic clunky warble that I'm trying to avoid in flangers.

Let's hear it with some chords and amp aggression.
Ok. I'll see if I get a chance this weekend. Thats on a pretty deep setting with a lot of feedback. It sounded pretty rough on the crunch channel.
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

JD01 wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 3:13 pm
Ok. I'll see if I get a chance this weekend. Thats on a pretty deep setting with a lot of feedback. It sounded pretty rough on the crunch channel.
IMO that's where most flangers fail badly. Most of them sound okay with some cleanish picking. No problem. But when you get dirty with them is when they turn to shit.
Rebel Yell