Ox Box tryout

New Guitar Day? Obsessed with tone? 10 on the volume dial not enough? Celestion vs. Electrovoice? Cum in, feel the noize.
Bill L

Ox Box tryout

Post by Bill L »

A buddy of mine is letting me borrow his Ox Box for a while. I can't wait to try this thing out. Just as an attenuator, it's fantastic but hopefully I'll be able to try out it's other features. I was finally able to play my MIG 50 in my music room without peeling paint off the walls. And it sounds like it's supposed too. Unless something drastic happens, I'll probably end up getting one of these things.
P_20210502_100911.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Greg_L

Re: Ox Box tryout

Post by Greg_L »

Yeah those things are nice.
Rebel Yell
JD01

Post by JD01 »

Cool. Have you got any comparison tones? One of them could he handy for me.
Bill L

Post by Bill L »

I got a chance to noodle with it yesterday for a while. Cranked the amp and used the box strictly as an attenuator. It sounded great at low volumes and through the headphone out. I'm hoping to open it up this week (I have to get my wife out of the house for this) so I can hear what it's doing. I also plan on recording some tones with and without the box and also using it's direct out. But I'm really digging this thing.

Also, one of my buddies just bought a Freidman Twin Sisters. I hope to grab some tones from that and another buddy just bought a Fuchs. This thing is incredible, at least for him and what he does. I haven't played it yet but I will. This is the Fuchs.
FB_IMG_1620144515361.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ocnor

Post by ocnor »

OX-1.jpg
I love my OX.
Another toy that helped destroy the elder race of man..forget about your silly whim it doesn't fit the plan.