NPBD

DIY Studio Stuff
SweetDan

NPBD

Post by SweetDan »

Hey @Tadpui, remember this?
Tadpui wrote: ↑Sat Dec 26, 2020 3:14 am
SweetDan wrote: ↑Sat Dec 26, 2020 2:49 am (A a side note, I see you've got the same pedalboard I've got...lol)
Hahaha and I thought that the manufacturer told me that mine was a one-of-a-kind pedalboard! Well I've got some words for that guy...

:D
I spent the weekend (a few weeks ago) puttering away at the garage workbench, and upgraded; "N"ew "P"edal-"B"oard "D"ay, I guess:
0129210846.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
awesome youtube comment of the day
Lol it's still less satanic than whatever rituals Katie Perry and Taylor Swift do in their performances. πŸ˜‚
Greg_L

Re: NPBD

Post by Greg_L »

:coolstorybro: :coolstorybro: :coolstorybro: :coolstorybro:
Rebel Yell
Armistice

Post by Armistice »

:confused: You have a lot more pedals to put on, right?
SweetDan

Post by SweetDan »

A few more, but I have a cheap-o 5-plug daisy chain power supply, so I need to up my game there before adding the rest of the pedals.
Lol it's still less satanic than whatever rituals Katie Perry and Taylor Swift do in their performances. πŸ˜‚
JD01

Post by JD01 »

SweetDan wrote: ↑Thu Feb 04, 2021 1:16 am Hey @Tadpui, remember this?
Tadpui wrote: ↑Sat Dec 26, 2020 3:14 am

Hahaha and I thought that the manufacturer told me that mine was a one-of-a-kind pedalboard! Well I've got some words for that guy...

:D
I spent the weekend (a few weeks ago) puttering away at the garage workbench, and upgraded; "N"ew "P"edal-"B"oard "D"ay, I guess:
0129210846.jpg
Re: pedal power. I can recommend the Harley Benton power brick from Thomann. Mine has been great. It lives on the underside of my board.

This one:
https://www.thomann.de/gb/harley_benton ... _2_pro.htm
they even do a 12 tap version:
https://www.thomann.de/gb/harley_benton ... 12_pro.htm
SweetDan

Post by SweetDan »

JD01 wrote: ↑Thu Feb 04, 2021 6:31 am Re: pedal power. I can recommend the Harley Benton power brick from Thomann. Mine has been great. It lives on the underside of my board.

This one:
Nice. I wonder if they make a wall-plug adapter for US plugs and voltages...
muttley

Post by muttley »

SweetDan wrote: ↑Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:59 am
JD01 wrote: ↑Thu Feb 04, 2021 6:31 am Re: pedal power. I can recommend the Harley Benton power brick from Thomann. Mine has been great. It lives on the underside of my board.

This one:
Nice. I wonder if they make a wall-plug adapter for US plugs and voltages...
I would suspect if you just got a 12v 3A adaptor for your countries supply voltage you would be golden? Maybe just drop them a line and ask. I do that quite often for tools and stuff I buy. Mostly they will say yes but its POM to get it confirmed.
Tadpui

Post by Tadpui »

SweetDan wrote: ↑Thu Feb 04, 2021 1:16 am Hey @Tadpui, remember this?

0129210846.jpg
Nice work! That looks like it was a fun project, and it came out great!
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

I like it @SweetDan !! Simple. I need sometihng similar for myself. I may kind of rip off your design a little bit. One my shops exits it deep freeze i have so much to do hahah!!!
:happytrees:
Lt. Bob

Post by Lt. Bob »

you have room for at least 5 more pedals ..... get to buying!
SweetDan

Post by SweetDan »

Thanks @Tadpui and @WhiskeyJack. I ripped the "design" of the board off this video, but left off the extra wood pieces on the sides:

(Yay! Video links work again!)

@Lt. Bob - I have more pedals (got on a DIY pedal kick a while ago, ended up building 11 or 12), but have only 5 power plugs; I need to upgrade the power supply before I can load more up.

:)
JD01

Post by JD01 »

Dan, just looking at that board it looks flat. Can you angle the sides? Will make your pedal tap-dancing much easier.

Mine is a similar design but i've cut the sides at an angle. Also - at the recommendation of @liv_rong who is a home pedal board design genius (among other studio carpentry) I installed a little patchbay in the back which makes life easier and tidier when recording in a small space.

Mine was just out of scrap wood from some old pallets. I'll take some pics now.
JD01

Post by JD01 »

Here you go - The power supply I recommended lives underneath.
Board 1.jpg
Board 2 Side.jpg
Board 3 Bay.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SweetDan

Post by SweetDan »

JD01 wrote: ↑Wed Feb 10, 2021 6:08 am Dan, just looking at that board it looks flat. Can you angle the sides? ....
Yes, it's angled, just hard to see from the POV in the original photo. It's got little legs in the back. Here's a side-view (and the worst of the unfortunate chipping in the wood when I attempted to counter-sink the screw holes):
0210211425.jpg
liv_rong

Post by liv_rong »

Nice board! I want to build a new one once the weather warms up a bit.
Lt. Bob

Post by Lt. Bob »

I've decided my next board has to have a higher level for the pedals in the back ...... I'm tired of stepping on the knobs of the ones in front
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

Lt. Bob wrote: ↑Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:39 am I've decided my next board has to have a higher level for the pedals in the back ...... I'm tired of stepping on the knobs of the ones in front
That right there is a legit gripe. When I mess with other people's big fancy pedalboards my feet always clank into the bottom row of pedals before getting to the top row.
Rebel Yell
JD01

Post by JD01 »

If I was building my board again now I'd definitely put the back row at a higher level so I don't either turn off or adjust my overdrive when clicking my delay or phaser.
liv_rong

Post by liv_rong »

I’ve built a few with a second higher top row but now when I build them I skip that. With the appropriate angle that second row will be high enough for that to not be an issue. But I always ask what they want when I’m building for friends etc.
SweetDan

Post by SweetDan »

liv_rong wrote: ↑Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:00 am Nice board! I want to build a new one once the weather warms up a bit.
Thanks.

Why the wait?