Weird Reaper Question / Ask from Twitter.

This should be self explanatory.
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Weird Reaper Question / Ask from Twitter.

Post by WhiskeyJack »

Hey All,

An unoffical recording rebel from the other side of the internet wants to get on board with reaper and is struggling a bit. Was raised in a Protools environment

any ideas? @vomitHatSteve if you have any idea are you able to reply to her. I also tagged @pipelineaudio on twitter. He may be able to help her out?
:happytrees:
Greg_L

Re: Weird Reaper Question / Ask from Twitter.

Post by Greg_L »

Get her in here.
Rebel Yell
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

Greg_L wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 5:33 pmGet her in here.
Along with the youtube brokenness, so to is the fucking new user registration. :headwall: :headwall: I've only gotten word of two people not able to sign up, but the backdoor is wide open via tapatalk. So there is that. that is a large part of my troubleshooting with no answer and postponing of updates maintence. Infuriating.

part two is, most of those people on twitter are content there. @Alison is the only one who's come to party with us. :coolstorybro:
:happytrees:
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

WhiskeyJack wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 6:13 pm
Greg_L wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 5:33 pmGet her in here.
Along with the youtube brokenness, so to is the fucking new user registration. :headwall: :headwall: I've only gotten word of two people not able to sign up, but the backdoor is wide open via tapatalk. So there is that. that is a large part of my troubleshooting with no answer and postponing of updates maintence. Infuriating.

part two is, most of those people on twitter are content there. @Alison is the only one who's come to party with us. :coolstorybro:
I just don't really know what the issue is with that panning problem. Tell them to make sure they use a mono track and automate the panning. It's pretty simple.
Rebel Yell
Armistice

Post by Armistice »

People on twitter shouldn't be using complicated tools like Reaper?

But seriously, you can't make a mono track into a stereo track via a pan control. Record always in mono unless you have a specific reason not to or the specific instrument requires is - ie drums, pianos, certain types of acoustic guitar recording... and if you've recorded it in stereo and it should be in mono, just render it as a mono track.

She seems to be struggling with concepts - confusing panning a track (mono or stereo) across a stereo spectrum with the fundamental nature of the track - mono/stereo.
Tadpui

Post by Tadpui »

The only ways that a track "becomes" stereo in Reaper is if it was recorded when the input was set to stereo, as far as I know. Or if it's being fed a stereo signal from another track. Or I guess if it's a receive for a stereo signal sent from another track. Hmmm...I guess there are a few ways that a track can become stereo after all...