New Gear Day

General recording topics.
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Re: New Gear Day

Post by WhiskeyJack »

CrowsofFritz wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:06 pm I sent an email. Thanks guys! We’ll see what he says.
ya gotta pick up the phone and call sir. emails can easily get 'overlooked' Unlike phones, bosses tend to not like when a phone goes unanswered.

You got this. From everything i have ever read about sweetwater is they play ball. I think you'd have wonderful luck!!
:happytrees:
Lt. Bob

Post by Lt. Bob »

WhiskeyJack wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:30 pm
CrowsofFritz wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:06 pm I sent an email. Thanks guys! We’ll see what he says.
ya gotta pick up the phone and call sir. emails can easily get 'overlooked' Unlike phones, bosses tend to not like when a phone goes unanswered.

You got this. From everything i have ever read about sweetwater is they play ball. I think you'd have wonderful luck!!
ditto .... go the the effort to call and speak to whoever your rep is.

An email is just a way to not accomplish anything
Armistice

Post by Armistice »

Licorice is black by default. I love that stuff, not that I ever buy it. Especially when it's chopped into small pieces and dunked in quality dark chocolate and sold as bullets.... :smiles:
CrowsofFritz

Post by CrowsofFritz »

Lol the email worked. My rep lowered the price. Thanks guys! Sweetwater really does have good customer service.
“Naaaaaaaaaah man. I ain’t touching that mic. That thing’s expensive!”
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

CrowsofFritz wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:39 pm Lol the email worked. My rep lowered the price. Thanks guys! Sweetwater really does have good customer service.
:coolstorybro: :coolstorybro: :coolstorybro:
Rebel Yell
JD01

Post by JD01 »

Result. I'm looking forward to hearing what that compressor does.
Lt. Bob

Post by Lt. Bob »

CrowsofFritz wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:39 pm Lol the email worked. My rep lowered the price. Thanks guys! Sweetwater really does have good customer service.
great!
CrowsofFritz

Post by CrowsofFritz »

JD01 wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:09 pm Result. I'm looking forward to hearing what that compressor does.
I’ll definitely do an A/B and post it.
rayc

Post by rayc »

I thought I'd heard of that comp before.
I watched a review of it ...the fellow said some interesting things...none of which were bad given the price...
[bbvideo]https://youtu.be/cEpUCcV_SBM?t=427[/bbvideo]
Cheers
rayc
vomitHatSteve

Post by vomitHatSteve »

Armistice wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:54 pm Licorice is black by default. I love that stuff, not that I ever buy it. Especially when it's chopped into small pieces and dunked in quality dark chocolate and sold as bullets.... :smiles:
Tasty, tasty anise!

I've not had it dipped in chocolate, but that does sound tasty. I've had it dipped in a soft candy shell tho.
CrowsofFritz

Post by CrowsofFritz »

Just found out I won’t get my gear until MARCH at the earliest. I also ordered an ART MPA II to utilize the extra two inputs on the Komplete. My rack gonna look goooood.
CrowsofFritz

Post by CrowsofFritz »

Just waiting patiently...

Lt. Bob

Post by Lt. Bob »

CrowsofFritz wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:10 pm Just waiting patiently...

and then each day remove the last letter of patiently
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

I feel your pain. I have had records ordered since just after christmas i am still waiting on.
Lt. Bob

Post by Lt. Bob »

WhiskeyJack wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:02 am I feel your pain. I have had records ordered since just after christmas i am still waiting on.
records??
Didn't know you were a vinyl guy
JD01

Post by JD01 »

Lt. Bob wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:40 am
WhiskeyJack wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:02 am I feel your pain. I have had records ordered since just after christmas i am still waiting on.
records??
Didn't know you were a vinyl guy
WJ loves his vinyl! A couple of years ago I actually picked up a record at a show, got it signed and posted it to him up in the Arctic!
Lt. Bob

Post by Lt. Bob »

I'm a big vinyl guy ..... over 6500 albums and 5 turntables and multiple phono-pres and a vacuum record cleaning machine!

Guess I should will it to WJ upon my untimely passing.
CrowsofFritz

Post by CrowsofFritz »

I sold some of my records. Got a good price for them, too. I don’t think I’ll be buying a turntable anytime soon.
Lt. Bob

Post by Lt. Bob »

CrowsofFritz wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 12:57 pm I sold some of my records. Got a good price for them, too. I don’t think I’ll be buying a turntable anytime soon.
leaves more for the rest of us
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

Lt. Bob wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:57 am I'm a big vinyl guy ..... over 6500 albums and 5 turntables and multiple phono-pres and a vacuum record cleaning machine!

Guess I should will it to WJ upon my untimely passing.
I love me some vinyl @Lt. Bob Love it. Though i have no where near 6500 records dude! :eep: That is just outstanding. I don't even think my favorite record store in Edmonton has that in it's stock haha!!! Where the hell do you store it all??? I might have, 100 here with me in Alberta then maybe another 50 or so back in Nova Scotia. The biggest part of my music collecting was done in the height of CD's. I have been slowly replacing a lot of my old favorite CD's with records.

I definitely do not have a kick ass system like you either. I have an old cabinet circa I believe 1965 or 1966 for listening.

It sounds 'good' but it definitely isn't audiophile quality. Someone such as your self would like cringe at what comes out of it maybe? For me I am bit of a history olden times nerd so i really like that I get to hear this stuff as people would have heard it back then. That solid walnut cabinet and analog goodness is what make that sound good to me. I just love it. there is eve na smell to it when i fire it up and it is a multi sensory experience. I was given a more modern box store Victrola turntable. you know the kind? It's new but made to look old? I didn't like it. It didn't sound the way that big oversized cabinet sounded. I REALLY like the sound of modern records coming thru that particular system the way it does. It just sounds so good! My wife like to listen to old country records or her Anne Murray stuff on it. Christmas time rolls around and that thing is on pretty much 24-7. either the radio or the records she grew up on.

If i have a bad day or just need an escape i pour a glass of bourbon, chuck a record on and just put my feet up and kick back like some people do with Netflix. I much rather my records than Netflix.

I will say this, that cabinet despite it not being audiophile quality, it sounds heaps and heaps better than any Bluetooth speaker I have ever heard. Ever.

I have made a promise to myself that if I can ever get my shit together to hammer out at least two or three songs it's going on a little 7" I don't care what the cost is. :lollers2: :lollers2: I might even see if i can twist the ska bands arm to maybe press a few records when we finish this next batch of songs. :metal: :metal: