New Gear Day

General recording topics.
CrowsofFritz

Re: New Gear Day

Post by CrowsofFritz »

Been passing around business cards like crazy. I’ll have to order a stand and set it in this brewery that’s booked with people all the way into 2023!

Also met this really cool guy at a record store who has a project and may work with me.
“Naaaaaaaaaah man. I ain’t touching that mic. That thing’s expensive!”
CrowsofFritz

Post by CrowsofFritz »

Just ordered a Tascam DM 24 for $100. Works! What a steal lol
JD01

Post by JD01 »

Cool... I'd have no idea what to do with it.
CrowsofFritz

Post by CrowsofFritz »

JD01 wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 5:30 am Cool... I'd have no idea what to do with it.
There’s so many possibilities for me. I could use it as a control surface but I already have one. Anyway, $100 for 16 preamps is nice. Then add all the plethora of other stuff this board can do and I think I got a good deal!
Lt. Bob

Post by Lt. Bob »

how'd ya get one so cheap?
I have lots of things I use a mixer for and I have mixers but if I could get one of these anywhere near that cheap I'd prolly snap it up ..... and are there smaller fewer channel versions?
CrowsofFritz

Post by CrowsofFritz »

Lt. Bob wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 1:08 pm how'd ya get one so cheap?
I have lots of things I use a mixer for and I have mixers but if I could get one of these anywhere near that cheap I'd prolly snap it up ..... and are there smaller fewer channel versions?
It has a few lines on the screen (still readable) and a few knobs missing, but the biggest thing was that the guy didn’t know how to use it. I don’t think there’s a smaller version of the DM 24.
CrowsofFritz

Post by CrowsofFritz »

Screen was working when I got it but now it’s fully broken. Oh well! A 16 channel mixer for $100 is still good af.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

CrowsofFritz wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 3:25 am Screen was working when I got it but now it’s fully broken. Oh well! A 16 channel mixer for $100 is still good af.
I am flying to your town and building you a desk. this picture give me the willies.
:happytrees:
JD01

Post by JD01 »

haha, how do you get anything done working in that environment?
CrowsofFritz

Post by CrowsofFritz »

WhiskeyJack wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 12:39 pm
CrowsofFritz wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 3:25 am Screen was working when I got it but now it’s fully broken. Oh well! A 16 channel mixer for $100 is still good af.
I am flying to your town and building you a desk. this picture give me the willies.
Haha I like sitting on the floor because of playing the sitar. I’m definitely doing this Indian style. I’ve got it down pretty good.
JD01 wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 12:46 pm haha, how do you get anything done working in that environment?
In terms of not having a desk or just being distracted by the gear?
JD01

Post by JD01 »

CrowsofFritz wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 1:21 pm

Haha I like sitting on the floor because of playing the sitar. I’m definitely doing this Indian style. I’ve got it down pretty good.
JD01 wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 12:46 pm haha, how do you get anything done working in that environment?
The desk and stuff being all over the place. I just like to have everything tidy or I can't work.
CrowsofFritz

Post by CrowsofFritz »

JD01 wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 1:24 pm
CrowsofFritz wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 1:21 pm

The desk and stuff being all over the place. I just like to have everything tidy or I can't work.
Ahh, not a big deal for me. I don’t mind wires and things like that. The rest of the room is tidy. Just the front wall that a bit chaotic.
Armistice

Post by Armistice »

Exactly my thought! 😀

Seriously @CrowsofFritz , we need to discuss OH&S. 😮 Unless you have a sideline as a contortionist, your back will pay for that sort of set up as you age.
rayc

Post by rayc »

Armistice wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 6:31 pm ...we need to discuss OH&S.
THIS is important. if you have a client, paying money or even for a freebie, that trips & falls you could be out of pocket significantly.
You should look into your local laws on that aspect of home business.
Cheers
rayc
CrowsofFritz

Post by CrowsofFritz »

Ah, I didn’t think about that aspect. As far as my back, this is only temporary and certainly not something I’ll do forever. I’ll look into the laws now.
CrowsofFritz

Post by CrowsofFritz »

I said I wouldn’t do it but I’m probably gonna get another rack. I’ve run out of space on my current one. And it would give me a huge amount of space to work with. The only problem with using it as a desk is there’s not much leg room. But everything is right there for me, so that’s a trade off I don’t mind.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

CrowsofFritz wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:28 am I said I wouldn’t do it but I’m probably gonna get another rack. I’ve run out of space on my current one. And it would give me a huge amount of space to work with. The only problem with using it as a desk is there’s not much leg room. But everything is right there for me, so that’s a trade off I don’t mind.
Very cool! You and @Tadpui are like outboard gear royalty on here. Probably @Lt. Bob too but i can't remember what all he has kicking around his room.
:happytrees:
Lt. Bob

Post by Lt. Bob »

WhiskeyJack wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:12 pm

Very cool! You and @Tadpui are like outboard gear royalty on here. Probably @Lt. Bob too but i can't remember what all he has kicking around his room.
rayc

Post by rayc »

Ah, the absolute essential...a headphone stand! I'm still trying to find a safe place for my cans.
Cheers
rayc
Lt. Bob

Post by Lt. Bob »

rayc wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 6:28 pm Ah, the absolute essential...a headphone stand! I'm still trying to find a safe place for my cans.
I bought a bunch of these .... also use them for hanging cables.
I stuck 'em on walls and the door and all over ..... well, I only bought 5 but they're all over the room.