NBD

Keyboards? Kazoos? Dulcimers? Alphorns? Aeolian harp? Here's the place to chat about your favourite instrument
Tadpui

NBD

Post by Tadpui »

New banjo day!

My wife conspired with a friend or two and bought me an honest-to-goodness banjo for Christmas this year. And it's a legit one: A Deering Goodtime Artesian Americana. Maple rim, maple fretboard, no idea what the neck is made of.

I have to say it came set up really well, so hats off to the fellas at Banjo.com (seriously that's the URL) for helping her in choosing and sending an instrument that was truly ready to play right out of the box (after some tuning...and learning how the hell to tune a banjo).

It came with a tuner, strap, and even some claw picks for my thumb, index and ring fingers. And a DVD. I've already watched the first 30 minutes of it and...welll...I'm obviously going to be a remedial banjo student judging by day 1.

Anyways, here's a few vanity shots of it.
P1166740 (Large).JPG
P1166748 (Large).JPG
P1166757 (Large).JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SweetDan

Re: NBD

Post by SweetDan »

Nice!

(A a side note, I see you've got the same pedalboard I've got...lol)
awesome youtube comment of the day
Lol it's still less satanic than whatever rituals Katie Perry and Taylor Swift do in their performances. 😂
Tadpui

Post by Tadpui »

SweetDan wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 2:49 am Nice!

(A a side note, I see you've got the same pedalboard I've got...lol)
Hahaha and I thought that the manufacturer told me that mine was a one-of-a-kind pedalboard! Well I've got some words for that guy...

:D

If you squint a bit you can see the Wampler Tumnus that my wife also bought for me. She's a keeper :)
CrowsofFritz

Post by CrowsofFritz »

Wow, now gift!
“Naaaaaaaaaah man. I ain’t touching that mic. That thing’s expensive!”
Tadpui

Post by Tadpui »

CrowsofFritz wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 3:22 am Wow, now gift!
Thanks man! Wifey spoiled me this year, for sure :)
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

Haha awesome. I have a banjitar....or a guitarjo? I don't know what it's called. It's a banjo strung like a guitar so it can actually be played without needing years of backwoods inbreeding.

But I've always wanted to try the real deal. That's really cool you got one. Keep us updated on how the progress goes.
Rebel Yell
CrowsofFritz

Post by CrowsofFritz »

Greg_L wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 9:55 am Haha awesome. I have a banjitar....or a guitarjo? I don't know what it's called. It's a banjo strung like a guitar so it can actually be played without needing years of backwoods inbreeding.

But I've always wanted to try the real deal. That's really cool you got one. Keep us updated on how the progress goes.
I play flamenco and even I don’t think I could play fast banjo. My stupid fingers won’t do what I want them to. :mad3:
“Naaaaaaaaaah man. I ain’t touching that mic. That thing’s expensive!”