Super simple drum setup

Lloyd Christmas: Wanna hear the most annoying sound in the world?
Tadpui

Re: Super simple drum setup

Post by Tadpui »

Greg_L wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:30 pm Ahem, it's called a "throne". :drums:

But for real, a good throne makes a huge difference.

I used to just sit on whatever as long as it was close to the right height. Even a folding chair. Then one day I used someone's actually good actual drum throne and holy crap, what a difference.
Hehehe I guess I call it a "stool" because it's such a cheap crappy one that it doesn't deserve to be called a throne. "Throne" sounds too dignified for this hunk of junk :D

I wish I'd thought to have put a good throne on my Christmas list this year. I'll invest in a good one at some point.
vomitHatSteve

Post by vomitHatSteve »

Tadpui wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:53 pm If I had to remove all of the kit pieces that I haven't mastered yet, I'd just be left with the drum stool.

Actually, come to think of it...it's a cheap stool and makes my ass hurt after a little while so I guess I haven't even mastered the sitting part!
It's probably a pretty good anti-GAS technique. Have you mastered your last piece of gear? No? Then you can't buy a new one!
JD01

Post by JD01 »

vomitHatSteve wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 11:27 am
Tadpui wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:53 pm If I had to remove all of the kit pieces that I haven't mastered yet, I'd just be left with the drum stool.

Actually, come to think of it...it's a cheap stool and makes my ass hurt after a little while so I guess I haven't even mastered the sitting part!
It's probably a pretty good anti-GAS technique. Have you mastered your last piece of gear? No? Then you can't buy a new one!
To be honest - I do usually kind of stick to that.
I don't know buy new pedals until I really can't get any more out of the ones I own or they really aren't doing what I need.
I really exhausted every possibility from my Blackstar before I caved and bought a better amp.

My guitar was a bit of an exception to all this.