Stereo delay effects in Reaper

General recording topics.
JD01

Stereo delay effects in Reaper

Post by JD01 »

Working on a song at the moment, generally pretty happy with it but I was thinking of trimming or at least trying to trim out a few of the tracks.
I currently have two hard panned rhythm guitars as I normally do. Then in the chorus I have two 50/50 panned lead guitars, I want to keep them out of the centre to leave space for the vocal. The leads are playing the same part, one has a chorus on it, the other has a phaser and delay.

They sound pretty good, was just thinking I could lose one of them if I could get the other to work in stereo so it stays out of the centre of the mix.

Anyone know how to do this in Reaper?
Greg_L

Re: Stereo delay effects in Reaper

Post by Greg_L »

If all these fx are just plug ins, then just pan the fx or use automation. If you recorded it with the fx on the guitar track, you're stuck with it.

Don't be too hung up on perfect symmetry and all that crap.
Rebel Yell
JD01

Post by JD01 »

Ah, there's loads of effects on the track. I was just wondering if I could add a delay in Reaper which works in stereo and then I'd bin off one of the tracks.

I do like symmetry.
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

Stereo delays are all over the place. If you don't have one, just find one and DL it.
Rebel Yell
rayc

Post by rayc »

Yeah you could but then if it's guitar left and just one delay right you'll have a little of that phenomenon where the 1st heard seems louder etc...you could also use an ADT.
Cheers
rayc