iZoptope plugins

General recording topics.
Alison

iZoptope plugins

Post by Alison »

I'm really not sure if this is the right place to put this question but, I am considering getting an iZoptope mixing and mastering plugin bundle since they are being offered at a ridiculously low price right now. Does anyone use iZoptope? Are they worth the price of admission? I mostly just want to expand my mastering capabilities. I am using Presonus Studio One 4 right now, it doesn't have much for actually mastering.
If I knew what I was doing, I'd be dangerous!
CrowsofFritz

Re: iZoptope plugins

Post by CrowsofFritz »

Looooota people use them. They’re not popular for nothing. I don’t use the pm, but haven’t heard anything bad about them. I’m sure there’s a learning curve.
“Naaaaaaaaaah man. I ain’t touching that mic. That thing’s expensive!”
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

Alison wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:16 pm I'm really not sure if this is the right place to put this question but, I am considering getting an iZoptope mixing and mastering plugin bundle since they are being offered at a ridiculously low price right now. Does anyone use iZoptope? Are they worth the price of admission? I mostly just want to expand my mastering capabilities. I am using Presonus Studio One 4 right now, it doesn't have much for actually mastering.
I moved this into the general recording thread. :like: :like:

Izotope i find get's mixed reviews. I have heard horrible masters and i have heard very very good masters. Typically the bad ones are just people that are playing the loudness game and could careless if their mix translates well. hard to say that that is Izotopes fault though, right? .

One of our fellow rebels did a before and after using some set up in Izotope versus their previous mastering set up efforts and the difference was outstanding. I tried to find the thread for you but i'll be damned if i can find it. The user was [mention]liv_rong[/mention] though if you felt like crawling all through his older posts. I feel like it was just this year when he released his EP on Bandcamp.

if the deal is just way to good to refuse i likely wouldn't shake a stick at it. Like anything you can learn it and do a decent job. They were actually giving it away for free earlier this year? not sure if the links are still there? Sorry if you missed out on it.
:happytrees:
CrowsofFritz

Post by CrowsofFritz »

WhiskeyJack wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:37 pm
Alison wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:16 pm I'm really not sure if this is the right place to put this question but, I am considering getting an iZoptope mixing and mastering plugin bundle since they are being offered at a ridiculously low price right now. Does anyone use iZoptope? Are they worth the price of admission? I mostly just want to expand my mastering capabilities. I am using Presonus Studio One 4 right now, it doesn't have much for actually mastering.

Izotope i find get's mixed reviews. I have heard horrible masters and i have heard very very good masters. Typically the bad ones are just people that are playing the loudness game and could careless if their mix translates well. hard to say that that is Izotopes fault though, right? .

One of our fellow rebels did a before and after using some set up in Izotope versus their previous mastering set up efforts and the difference was outstanding. I tried to find the thread for you but i'll be damned if i can find it. The user was @liv_rong though if you felt like crawling all through his older posts. I feel like it was just this year when he released his EP on Bandcamp.

if the deal is just way to good to refuse i likely wouldn't shake a stick at it. Like anything you can learn it and do a decent job. They were actually giving it away for free earlier this year? not sure if the links are still there? Sorry if you missed out on it.
Couldn’t. COULDN’T

:biggrin:
“Naaaaaaaaaah man. I ain’t touching that mic. That thing’s expensive!”
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

I've been using the izotope elements for mastering for a little while now. It's nice. It's got some nice features and works well.
Rebel Yell
Alison

Post by Alison »

WhiskeyJack wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:37 pm

One of our fellow rebels did a before and after using some set up in Izotope versus their previous mastering set up efforts and the difference was outstanding. I tried to find the thread for you but i'll be damned if i can find it. The user was @liv_rong though if you felt like crawling all through his older posts. I feel like it was just this year when he released his EP on Bandcamp.

thank you, I'm still learning the ways of this forum! I will search @liv_rong. With the price so low, I figure I can at least learn from it! I am totally in love with learning more about recording (especially now that live performance is out of the question!)
Alison

Post by Alison »

CrowsofFritz wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:29 pm Looooota people use them. They’re not popular for nothing. I don’t use the pm, but haven’t heard anything bad about them. I’m sure there’s a learning curve.
There's a learning curve with EVERYTHING! I'm in love with curves. . . beats straight roads all to hell! :lollers2:
Alison

Post by Alison »

Greg_L wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:59 pm I've been using the izotope elements for mastering for a little while now. It's nice. It's got some nice features and works well.
Great recommendation, thank you!