Recording Challenge #8 - It’s the Digital Era

Community Challenge! Pretty Self Explanatory! Our users challenge each other to to recording showdowns. Challenges never expire! Though it is encouraged to strike while the iron is hot! All in the name of fun!
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Re: Recording Challenge #8 - It’s the Digital Era

Post by WhiskeyJack »

Lt. Bob wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 2:31 pm
WhiskeyJack wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 2:21 pm
WTF was that WOOP WOOOP WOOP noise at 2:30 ish?

Also i think your vox could come up really. feels like your hiding back there and despite the challenge being about thre drum machine the lyrics to this are top shelf awesomeness. :sherlock:
Thank you sir .... i appreciate it!

The WOOP WOOP was part of that particular 8 count beat that i used for the second half of the bridge ..... it's not removable and is the most 'drum machine' you can get!

:lollers2:
Ok that's totally fair. i wasn't knocking it it or anything It fits and really adds to the humor i hear in the song. What is it supposed to be emulating? Like is there a particular percussion instrument it is supposed to be simulating. or is it literally just a random noise your machine generates for fun. I do think i have heard noises like that before in genres i know nothing about like congo or bossanova or whatever? I don't know.
:happytrees:
Lt. Bob

Post by Lt. Bob »

WhiskeyJack wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 2:53 pm What is it supposed to be emulating? Like is there a particular percussion instrument it is supposed to be simulating. or is it literally just a random noise your machine generates for fun.
It's emulating some instrument I think.
I believe there a rhythm instrument I've seen where there a cord running up through the center and attached to a head and you make those sounds by pulling on the cord or possibly sliding on it.
If I can find it on the machine it might be labelled ...... I'll take a look tonight
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

Lt. Bob wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 3:12 pm
WhiskeyJack wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 2:53 pm What is it supposed to be emulating? Like is there a particular percussion instrument it is supposed to be simulating. or is it literally just a random noise your machine generates for fun.
It's emulating some instrument I think.
I believe there a rhythm instrument I've seen where there a cord running up through the center and attached to a head and you make those sounds by pulling on the cord or possibly sliding on it.
If I can find it on the machine it might be labelled ...... I'll take a look tonight
Ok curisoity was killing me man. I HAD TO DO SOME MAGNUM PI WORK.

I think i may have found it.

[BBvideo=560,315]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVOtE1q ... PearlDrums[/BBvideo]

This one has some mind in the gutter hilarious-ness to it half way through.

[BBvideo=560,315]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7J2WZGC ... LDDRUMCLUB[/BBvideo]
:happytrees:
Lt. Bob

Post by Lt. Bob »

That IT!!
Can't believe you found it ......... impressive.

Awesome ...... channeling your inner Magnum as it were.
Tadpui

Post by Tadpui »

[mention]Lt. Bob[/mention] hahaha nice one man :) It's honest, it's true, and it's catchy. What more could a guy want in a song? It doesn't hurt that the guitar soloing is great as well.
Tadpui

Post by Tadpui »

musicturtle wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:37 am Cool idea @CrowsofFritz

Funny over the last couple of weeks I started working on just this type of thing. It started out as an idea for kids to play rhythms along with, hence the name Rhythm Town. But I am not sure where it is going now. Anyway, I am gonna try and add some vocals this week, these are the tracks.

Rhythm Town 1027.mp3

For the drums I used this plug in from Audio Thing

Screenshot_2020-11-24 SR-88 - Drum Machine (VST, AU, AAX Plugin) - AudioThing.png
Dang MT, I totally missed this one. I love the piano playing...is that you, or a "bot" playing? That's a pretty cool plugin, I'll have to check it out.
musicturtle

Post by musicturtle »

Tadpui wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 1:56 am
musicturtle wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:37 am Cool idea @CrowsofFritz

Funny over the last couple of weeks I started working on just this type of thing. It started out as an idea for kids to play rhythms along with, hence the name Rhythm Town. But I am not sure where it is going now. Anyway, I am gonna try and add some vocals this week, these are the tracks.

Rhythm Town 1027.mp3

For the drums I used this plug in from Audio Thing

Screenshot_2020-11-24 SR-88 - Drum Machine (VST, AU, AAX Plugin) - AudioThing.png
Dang MT, I totally missed this one. I love the piano playing...is that you, or a "bot" playing? That's a pretty cool plugin, I'll have to check it out.
Thanks man. I am playing the slower piano part but that is a bot playing piano arpeggios. The piano sound is from Addictive Keys. Cubase has a arpeggiator called Arpache 5. I set the chords and inversions, and the speed and length of the notes. I also do some randomizing to give it some feel. But I suck at piano, I just knew what I wanted and told my "pianist" what to play and how to play it :lollers2:
musicturtle

Post by musicturtle »

[mention]Lt. Bob[/mention] love the tune man. Lot's of fun. Your voice is so soulful. Wish I had some of that.