Lesters / Teles

New Guitar Day? Obsessed with tone? 10 on the volume dial not enough? Celestion vs. Electrovoice? Cum in, feel the noize.
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Lesters / Teles

Post by WhiskeyJack »

Great Video.

[BBvideo=560,315]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruCTxJ1 ... rGearDemos[/BBvideo]
:happytrees:
Tadpui

Re: Lesters / Teles

Post by Tadpui »

Jeez, that LP sounds amazing through the Orange for the power chord demo.

Ya know, I used to hate Teles. I thought that they looked dumb and sounded awful. I don't know what changed, but over the years I started to come around and now I really love Telecasters. They're a surprisingly versatile guitar, for being about the simplest guitar in existence. 10-years-ago-me would slap today-me for saying this but, I love my Tele!

I think I might be starting to come around to Strats as well. This is a very recent thing for me, because I've always hated strats even more than I hated Teles (even though I played a souped-up Strat-style guitar through my teens and into my 20s). Strats always sound way too twangy, thin, and awful to me. But I'll be damned, some of the gear demos I've listened to lately have started to change my mind. In the right context, a Strat's cutting character can be really amazing. I still don't want to own a Strat, though. Maybe someday.
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

I still don't like Teles. That video did nothing to change my mind. :lollers2:

For me, even though I sometimes like the sound of Teles in other people's hands, there's nothing about them that will ever make me want one.
Rebel Yell
muttley

Post by muttley »

If I had to pick one solid body for life and no other it would be a thinline hollow tele with a ripper in the neck.

Teles are the Stradavari of rock
Lt. Bob

Post by Lt. Bob »

I don't like the hard edges on a tele body even though i do like my Slick SL-50 ........ don't like the edges though so when I get a chance I'm taking chisels and a sander to it ...... I have 3 tele shaped gits.

I used to lobe my Ibanez rtist which was basically a paul double cut.

I think the most comfortable body shape is a strat althoug maybe just as comfortable is my Stinnett which is shaped a lot like a PRS.
Armistice

Post by Armistice »

My tele has a strat-style body cut, which makes it more comfortable than without, although I've never used it live - and probably rarely even standing up.
JD01

Post by JD01 »

They both sounded good. He had some really good tones in that video.