Challenge #7 - Bloodlines

Community Challenge! Pretty Self Explanatory! Our users challenge each other to to recording showdowns. Challenges never expire! Though it is encouraged to strike while the iron is hot! All in the name of fun!
Tadpui

Re: Challenge #7 - Bloodlines

Post by Tadpui »

CrowsofFritz wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 3:10 am Did you save the settings for that bass synth? Was it a preset?
It was actually a bass guitar through a fuzz pedal. I really enjoyed how that one turned out! But I don't want to step on the bass that you've already added, so I shied away from adding bass. I'm stepping out of the queue for right now, and I'll step back in if inspiration strikes. For some reason I hit a total wall with ideas for this project :(
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

:happytrees:
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

Tadpui wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:58 pm
CrowsofFritz wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 3:10 am Did you save the settings for that bass synth? Was it a preset?
It was actually a bass guitar through a fuzz pedal. I really enjoyed how that one turned out! But I don't want to step on the bass that you've already added, so I shied away from adding bass. I'm stepping out of the queue for right now, and I'll step back in if inspiration strikes. For some reason I hit a total wall with ideas for this project :(
Dude, it took me literally days before something clicked and a spark presented itself. this one was tough as hell.
CrowsofFritz

Post by CrowsofFritz »

Lmao that gif.
“Naaaaaaaaaah man. I ain’t touching that mic. That thing’s expensive!”
vomitHatSteve

Post by vomitHatSteve »

Ok. JD, you're up them
liv_rong

Post by liv_rong »

I'd like to be in line to partake in this thing you call "recording challenge #7".
Lt. Bob

Post by Lt. Bob »

LIV RONG !!!!
Where ya' been man? :smiles:

Please do one of the challenges or anything else for that matter.
I've been missing your musical musings and am actually getting dow with recording some stuff and I have a few projects lined up but after then, swear to God, I was thinking it was time to dig thru your stuff and find something to play around with.

Really glad to see ya' ...... hope all is well.
liv_rong

Post by liv_rong »

Lt. Bob wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 1:18 pm LIV RONG !!!!
Where ya' been man? :smiles:

Please do one of the challenges or anything else for that matter.
I've been missing your musical musings and am actually getting dow with recording some stuff and I have a few projects lined up but after then, swear to God, I was thinking it was time to dig thru your stuff and find something to play around with.

Really glad to see ya' ...... hope all is well.
Hey Lt, been on a sabbatical I guess but all is well, hope the same goes for you!

I've had almost no inspiration for music lately, no creativity. I kind of blew my load for this year on that EP maybe, or lots of reasons I dont know about.

Glad to see ya'll still kicking over here :punk:
Lt. Bob

Post by Lt. Bob »

liv_rong wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 1:28 pm

Hey Lt, been on a sabbatical I guess but all is well, hope the same goes for you!

I've had almost no inspiration for music lately, no creativity. I kind of blew my load for this year on that EP maybe, or lots of reasons I dont know about.
[mention] liv_rong[/mention] .... I know that feeling ....... I'm just now digging out from a couple of years actually where I just didn't care about music much which is unheard of for me.
But I'm back baby! Listening to records a lot again and getting into my recording room and spending ridiculous amounts of money on new gear.

It's back to normal for the Boob.
Tadpui

Post by Tadpui »

[mention]liv_rong[/mention] great to see you again! I wish you more luck than I had trying to be creative with other people. I think that my recording report card has a hand-written note on it that says "does not play well with others" :D
vomitHatSteve

Post by vomitHatSteve »

[mention]liv_rong[/mention]! Welcome back!

I'll put you in queue. Technically, you'd be behind JD, but I'm sure he won't mind if you start working on it. I doubt he plans to completely rework the song in any way that will result in you two stepping on each other's toes
vomitHatSteve

Post by vomitHatSteve »

Ok, I had some free time, so I went ahead and laid down some trumpet. Everything is updated in the OP.

Remember, there are no sacred cows (hah!) in this, so if something already in the track just isn't working with you, you can edit, add FX, automate. (I probably recorded at least 50% too much trumpet!)
liv_rong

Post by liv_rong »

I'll wait for JD or see what he says.
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

liv_rong wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:47 pm I'll wait for JD or see what he says.

awwyiss
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

vomitHatSteve wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:38 pm Ok, I had some free time, so I went ahead and laid down some trumpet. Everything is updated in the OP.

Remember, there are no sacred cows (hah!) in this, so if something already in the track just isn't working with you, you can edit, add FX, automate. (I probably recorded at least 50% too much trumpet!)
LAWLLERS!!!

I don't know how in tf i missed this!! Good work dingus. That is so friggin gnarly!!! HAAHAH. I love it!!!
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

I'm dying over here [mention]vomitHatSteve[/mention] that ending is savage. In my head i know i it is a trumpet, but all i am hearing is a friggin bike horn sitting under those ungodly heavy guit chugs. :lollers2:

:illdrinktothat: It's brilliant.
vomitHatSteve

Post by vomitHatSteve »

WhiskeyJack wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:52 pm I'm dying over here @vomitHatSteve that ending is savage. In my head i know i it is a trumpet, but all i am hearing is a friggin bike horn sitting under those ungodly heavy guit chugs. :lollers2:

:lollers: Definitely has a bike horn vibe!
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

vomitHatSteve wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:20 am
WhiskeyJack wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:52 pm I'm dying over here @vomitHatSteve that ending is savage. In my head i know i it is a trumpet, but all i am hearing is a friggin bike horn sitting under those ungodly heavy guit chugs. :lollers2:

:lollers: Definitely has a bike horn vibe!
Only at the end. All the bits leading up to the end was very clearly a wonderful trumpet blanket. I especially liked how you mixed it in there in the distant background kind of spatial area. :like:
vomitHatSteve

Post by vomitHatSteve »

I'm just now realizing, I didn't actually tag [mention]JD01[/mention], so he may not know that it's his turn. Whoops!
JD01

Post by JD01 »

vomitHatSteve wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 12:43 pm I'm just now realizing, I didn't actually tag @JD01, so he may not know that it's his turn. Whoops!
Ah, cheers. Remind me if I forget. I'll try and download this weekend.