"Filk" show tonight

Weekend warriors or full-timers, if you perform live we want to hear about it!
Post your pics or videos, tell us about your gear and how you set it up! (or how that red head jumped up on stage just as your wife walked in) Every gig has a story please share them here.
vomitHatSteve

"Filk" show tonight

Post by vomitHatSteve »

So as part of the Dragon*Con shenanigans that my live mix was for, I'm playing bass in a friend's band for a live stream tonight.

Details are on the facey books:

If you guys miss it tonight, I'll try to find an archive link for it after it's over too.
Lt. Bob

Re: "Filk" show tonight

Post by Lt. Bob »

I'll be gigging tonight so yes, a link would be cool if possible.
rayc

Post by rayc »

I caught the replay...the sound was challenging in terms of vocals versus instruments...what happened?
Great to see you perfoming...I have to be honest and say that despite the audio issues your voice works best in that trio.
Cheers
rayc
vomitHatSteve

Post by vomitHatSteve »

rayc wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 8:19 am I caught the replay...the sound was challenging in terms of vocals versus instruments...what happened?
Great to see you perfoming...I have to be honest and say that despite the audio issues your voice works best in that trio.
Thanks, Ray. Yeah, the vocalist's pitch perception isn't quite semitone-accurate, but he's charismatic. His strategy is usually to have a pretty soprano do the heavy lifting. He's currently between sopranos, and I knew the parts...

We're not sure what happened to the audio, but it seems most likely some software switched from the mixed interface signal to the webcam's signal. Not sure if that was our end or theirs. There was also some double-encoding with us streaming to their server where they added the overlay and restreamed.
Link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctDEeB06Fy4
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

vomitHatSteve wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:34 am
rayc wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 8:19 am I caught the replay...the sound was challenging in terms of vocals versus instruments...what happened?
Thanks, Ray. Yeah, the vocalist's pitch perception isn't quite semitone-accurate, but he's charismatic. His strategy is usually to have a pretty soprano do the heavy lifting. He's currently between sopranos, and I knew the parts...

We're not sure what happened to the audio, but it seems most likely some software switched from the mixed interface signal to the webcam's signal. Not sure if that was our end or theirs. There was also some double-encoding with us streaming to their server where they added the overlay and restreamed.
Link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctDEeB06Fy4
That's pretty cool VHS. I'm just going to let this run through this morning! All y'allz bands are fun dude! Great time.
:happytrees:
vomitHatSteve

Post by vomitHatSteve »

Thanks!