Rebuild....Looking for '76 LP Custom T Top Type Pups

More bark, more bite, more licks for your tone. Get your custom wound pickups from "Mutt's dog house", our resident hound and luthier extraordinaire...

Moderator: muttley

Bluesman52

Rebuild....Looking for '76 LP Custom T Top Type Pups

Post by Bluesman52 »

So....I'm sort of doing an "upgrade" rebuild of the hardware and pups on a 2 year old Epiphone Studio LT. It's got a good feel.....good neck....and is about a ton lighter than my '76 LP Custom.....which has T tops that sound great. The old LP is close to needing a fret job......which I'm not against.....even though I dread the damage to the binding.....but it's still playable and I only use it to record tracks from time to time. Not for practice or performance. So.......let's talk about you winding a couple pups for me please. As you mentioned....resistance should be between 7 and 8 and I'd like them to have a silver chrome cover if possible.......but if not I can put a cover on them. What do you say?
Can you post a link to your site please?

Mick
JD01

Re: Rebuild....Looking for '76 LP Custom T Top Type Pups

Post by JD01 »

Bluesman52 wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:38 pm So....I'm sort of doing an "upgrade" rebuild of the hardware and pups on a 2 year old Epiphone Studio LT. It's got a good feel.....good neck....and is about a ton lighter than my '76 LP Custom.....which has T tops that sound great. The old LP is close to needing a fret job......which I'm not against.....even though I dread the damage to the binding.....but it's still playable and I only use it to record tracks from time to time. Not for practice or performance. So.......let's talk about you winding a couple pups for me please. As you mentioned....resistance should be between 7 and 8 and I'd like them to have a silver chrome cover if possible.......but if not I can put a cover on them. What do you say?

Mick
Mick, here's a link to Mutt's site. Naturally, I recommend this humbucker.
https://muttpup.co.uk/product/jd-humbucker/
muttley

Post by muttley »

JD01 wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:34 pm
Thats the old site mate, better off looking here, www.doghousepickups.com
muttley

Post by muttley »

Bluesman52 wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:38 pm So....I'm sort of doing an "upgrade" rebuild of the hardware and pups on a 2 year old Epiphone Studio LT. It's got a good feel.....good neck....and is about a ton lighter than my '76 LP Custom.....which has T tops that sound great. The old LP is close to needing a fret job......which I'm not against.....even though I dread the damage to the binding.....but it's still playable and I only use it to record tracks from time to time. Not for practice or performance. So.......let's talk about you winding a couple pups for me please. As you mentioned....resistance should be between 7 and 8 and I'd like them to have a silver chrome cover if possible.......but if not I can put a cover on them. What do you say?

Mick
I will jump on this in the morning. Been out all day and now the sun is shinning so I'm off to wind some evening pickups...
muttley

Post by muttley »

muttley wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 3:28 pm
JD01 wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:34 pm
Thats the old site mate, better off looking here, www.doghousepickups.com
Ignore the prices BTW, they are just placeholders as I have yet needed to go live with selling pups on the interwebz. I am still trying to catch up on back orders now parts are flowing again. Rebel Prices are a bit lower than those mostly.
Bluesman52

Post by Bluesman52 »

Thanks.....and there's no rush. Get your back orders done. If you need more detail about what I need just ask. I'll go to your site to see how you take payment.

Mick