Time for another "show us your home studio" thread!

General recording topics.
vomitHatSteve

Time for another "show us your home studio" thread!

Post by vomitHatSteve »

Here's my control room:
IMG_20200718_1517156-panorama.jpg
Here's my live room:
IMG_20200718_1517479.jpg
Updates pending
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Greg_L

Re: Time for another "show us your home studio" thread!

Post by Greg_L »

Lol looks organized!
Rebel Yell
rayc

Post by rayc »

Tidy desk tidy mind?
Cheers
rayc
paulman

Post by paulman »

Well I feel a lot better about the organizational state of my studio. Ok, maybe just a little better.
Armistice

Post by Armistice »

I've actually just reorganised my "studio" - aka media desk in the corridor. I always knew I was sitting off to the right and that was fine, easy to centre when necessary, but then I got the floor redone and in trying to avoid scratching it with the dining chair I sit on when working, I put said dining chairs leg tips in little felt booties and sit in on a rug, so it doesn't move around so much any more... :eep:

Time to reorganise though - too hard to reach everything from the right end, so I've essentially stacked all the boxes on the computer and moved self to the middle - problem is though, I use 2 screens but while I'm WFH I've moved one screen to the desk/dining table, so now the right half of the desk is completely empty. :lollers: Apart from the monitor. Looks weird.
JD01

Post by JD01 »

vomitHatSteve wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 5:53 pm Here's my control room:

Here's my live room:IMG_20200718_1517479.jpg

Updates pending
Did you have Oasis over for a session?
vomitHatSteve

Post by vomitHatSteve »

Sadly, my live room became the de facto dumping ground for things during the painting project over the last two months. We finally started on the control room (slash office) this weekend. Hopefully, in a few weeks everything will be neat and organized and on casters
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

vomitHatSteve wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:48 am (slash office)
Rebel Yell
Tadpui

Post by Tadpui »

I finally finished all of my upgrades:
DSCN0603.JPG
That was actually my studio from 2001 until about 2014. It sounded, as you can imagine, like total ass in there. Good thing I had the carpet to save the day and make it sound totally pro! :D

The drywall and duct taped foam on the computer desk in an attempt to quiet down that screaming computer was a nice touch too.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JD01

Post by JD01 »

Fucking hell, Tad. It looks like yours has been ransacked and then fly-tippers have turned up to chuck old junk computers parts in the there.

I'm re-organising mine over the next couple of days so there'll be a photo. At the moment its a complete shambles.
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

Tadpui wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:03 pm I finally finished all of my upgrades:

DSCN0603.JPG

That was actually my studio from 2001 until about 2014. It sounded, as you can imagine, like total ass in there. Good thing I had the carpet to save the day and make it sound totally pro! :D

The drywall and duct taped foam on the computer desk in an attempt to quiet down that screaming computer was a nice touch too.
Wow, lots to sort through in that horror show. That looks like the recording studio of a serial killer. :lollers2: :lollers2:
Rebel Yell
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

DSCN0603.JPG

:happytrees:
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

vomitHatSteve wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 5:53 pm Here's my control room:

Here's my live room:IMG_20200718_1517479.jpg

Updates pending
:like: :like: Love a good makeover story.
vomitHatSteve

Post by vomitHatSteve »

Some of those cables make me extremely uncomfortable, tad!
Tadpui

Post by Tadpui »

[mention]Greg_L[/mention] [mention]WhiskeyJack[/mention] [mention]vomitHatSteve[/mention] [mention]JD01[/mention]

Yeah, those were dark times...
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

Tadpui wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:57 pm @Greg_L @WhiskeyJack @vomitHatSteve @JD01

Yeah, those were dark times...
We've all been there. :lollers2: :lollers2:
Armistice

Post by Armistice »

DSCN0603.JPG

Is that a can of Mountain Dew behind the keyboard? Miner would be proud of you... :lollers:
SweetDan

Post by SweetDan »

Tadpui wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:03 pm DSCN0603.JPG
So many (and I mean MANY) questions...lol...but I'll limit myself to 2:

1) What's the ShopVac's role in all this?

2) How has nobody mentioned the tiger-striped beast of a guitar leaning up against the back wall? Especially notable is how it's perched precariously at just the right angle on the cement (CEMENT!) floor; hopefully it didn't slide out at some time and scratch up the back.

:facepalm2: :lollers2:
awesome youtube comment of the day
Lol it's still less satanic than whatever rituals Katie Perry and Taylor Swift do in their performances. 😂
Tadpui

Post by Tadpui »

Armistice wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:19 pm Is that a can of Mountain Dew behind the keyboard? Miner would be proud of you... :lollers:
Indeed it is! It has been a constant in my life up until the last few years. I'd like to think that Miner would have approved :)
SweetDan wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:28 pm So many (and I mean MANY) questions...lol...but I'll limit myself to 2:

1) What's the ShopVac's role in all this?

2) How has nobody mentioned the tiger-striped beast of a guitar leaning up against the back wall? Especially notable is how it's perched precariously at just the right angle on the cement (CEMENT!) floor; hopefully it didn't slide out at some time and scratch up the back.

:facepalm2: :lollers2:
Hahaha :D I assume that the Shop Vac was chock full of spider egg sacs at that point in time since I must've been tidying up the place (the sheen of cleanliness really comes through in the photo). That basement was the most spider-infested space I've ever witnessed. But no other bugs. I have no idea what the spiders ate down there. Maybe each other?

Oh yes, the tiger striped guitar. It's an '84 Aria Pro II RS Inazuma. I actually still have that monstrosity. I got it when I was 13 and I played the heck out of it until I got my first "real" guitar, which was a Charvel (when they were owned by Jackson). That Aria actually plays really well, it's got a great neck. But the pickups are absolute garbage, so it never gets any play any more.

Believe it or not, only 1 guitar ever fell victim to that cement floor. That was my Les Paul. The strap came off of the strap button while I was playing and it fell from waist height onto that concrete floor. In a total miracle, the crappy plastic jack plate cover took the entire brunt of the fall. It shattered into a bazillion pieces and the rest of the guitar was totally unscathed.
vomitHatSteve

Post by vomitHatSteve »

IMG_20200722_2119408-panorama.jpg
Trim painted
Desk rebuilt
Computers arranged

We'll do the rest of the paint this weekend. Desks are on rollers for easy moving