Can Someone with a Reverb sellers account PM me.

Fairly self explanatory dontcha think?
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Can Someone with a Reverb sellers account PM me.

Post by WhiskeyJack »

I have to discuss some things with someone who knows some of the things RE; Selling on reverb. :like:

Thanks in Advance.
Management; Esq.
:happytrees:
Greg_L

Re: Can Someone with a Reverb sellers account PM me.

Post by Greg_L »

Get it quick because Reverb is raising their seller's fee.
Rebel Yell
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

Greg_L wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:10 pm Get it quick because Reverb is raising their seller's fee.
For fuck sake. I really do not want o go through reverb at all but they seem to be the leading authority on pricing of gear and EVERYONE i know check reverb first before haggling on real life purchases so i just want to make sure i am in line with what reverb is telling the world something may or may not be worth.

reverb is going to be my last ditch effort.
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

WhiskeyJack wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:22 pm

For fuck sake. I really do not want o go through reverb at all but they seem to be the leading authority on pricing of gear and EVERYONE i know check reverb first before haggling on real life purchases so i just want to make sure i am in line with what reverb is telling the world something may or may not be worth.

Create an account with Reverb and you can use their pricing guide. You can see what people asked and what items actually sold for. You don't need to be a buyer or a seller, just register.
Rebel Yell
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

Greg_L wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 5:12 pm
WhiskeyJack wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:22 pm

Create an account with Reverb and you can use their pricing guide. You can see what people asked and what items actually sold for. You don't need to be a buyer or a seller, just register.
Ok makes sense. thanks dude.

I may actually have a lawyer collector guy lined up to look at it. he knows the deal with this amp. hopefully he bites.
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

WhiskeyJack wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 5:13 pm

I may actually have a lawyer collector guy lined up to look at it. he knows the deal with this amp. hopefully he bites.
Wait, what? Amp? :nyuk:
Rebel Yell
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

Greg_L wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 5:16 pm
WhiskeyJack wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 5:13 pm

Wait, what? Amp? :nyuk:
The orange i've been using the last few years. :frown:

British Built AD30HTC and The PPC412. My brother wants to sell it. He gave me right of first refusal but i have a mega hefty financial weight on my shoulders right now and it isn't a smart expense for me right now. He felt rotten but understood. So i have to sell it for him.

By the looks of thing this model has held it's value incredibly well which is really surprising for a modern 30W Orange.
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

WhiskeyJack wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 5:33 pm

The orange i've been using the last few years. :frown:

British Built AD30HTC and The PPC412. My brother wants to sell it. He gave me right of first refusal but i have a mega hefty financial weight on my shoulders right now and it isn't a smart expense for me right now. He felt rotten but understood. So i have to sell it for him.

By the looks of thing this model has held it's value incredibly well which is really surprising for a modern 30W Orange.
Ah gotcha. :wink:
Rebel Yell
Bubba

Post by Bubba »

Reverb is a pain. Everything on there is MASSIVELY overpriced.

I'm looking to buy a 1978 Precision bass.

Reverb Estimated Used Price Range:

£801GBP — £1,295GBP

Actual seller listings: £1850 - £2300. Fucking stupid prices. :mad: :mad: :mad:
Haggard Musician :mad:
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

Bubba wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:01 pm Reverb is a pain. Everything on there is MASSIVELY overpriced.

£801GBP — £1,295GBP

I stand to be corrected, I think that is because they (the sellers) may be adjusting their prices to make up for what reverb takes of the sale. the more and more i learn about about these things the more i learn the buyers and sellers are getting fucked while the middle man we have spent decades trying to cut out are now calling the shots.

Not the same but along the same line, On our last drive home from Edmonton we were both exhausted and didn't feel like cooking having been in transit for well over 8 hours that day so i told her to order from our favorite Tandoori place on SkipTheDishes but to place the order for pick up as we had to drive by it on the way home. So we get there, i wait, the manager came out looking very distraught and started getting after me because i didn't have my bag? And i'm like bag what bag? And she told me i couldn't leave with the food until i got the skip the dishes transportation cooler bag.

then shit got real.

I told her i wasn't a skip employee i was just a customer that placed a skip for pick up order. Well fuck dudes i thought she was gonna start crying. She just looked at me and told me that in future for pick up to just call the store direct and place the order. Skip still takes a 30% cut of the total order EVEN for pick up orders. I felt so bad. She did look incredibly upset and just totally unhappy with me so i promised her i wouldn't ever do it again and went back a few nights later and ordered a "make up order" I probably shouldn't have but i did. I felt super guilty.

I can't help but wonder how much of a help to small buisness these third party middle man retail app platforms actually are? Would the small business see an increase big increase enough to make up for cut that the middle man takes? Or are the still breaking even ? I'd be really curious to know.
Bubba

Post by Bubba »

WhiskeyJack wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:57 pm
Bubba wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:01 pm Reverb is a pain. Everything on there is MASSIVELY overpriced.

£801GBP — £1,295GBP

I stand to be corrected, I think that is because they (the sellers) may be adjusting their prices to make up for what reverb takes of the sale. the more and more i learn about about these things the more i learn the buyers and sellers are getting fucked while the middle man we have spent decades trying to cut out are now calling the shots.
That's all well and good, but adjusting by a THOUSAND POUNDS for what Reverb takes? Fuck that, it's extortion.

The rest of what you wrote sounds scandalous.
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

£801GBP — £1,295GBP

That's pretty high. A non-mint but nice 70s P-Bass is gonna be around $1500-$2000 here in the US. And they're worth it. No bass is better than a 70s P-Bass.
Rebel Yell
Tadpui

Post by Tadpui »

Man, Reverb jacking up their take of sellers' profits from 3.5% to 5% really ruffled some feathers. I can't say that I'm too happy about it either. I sold about a dozen items earlier this year. I was pretty happy with the profits, and the shipping was cheaper than I could have bought on my own via UPS. But then the "Reverb bill" came in and ate up $100+ out of my $500-ish profits. They waited to charge me for shipping and their take of the profits, so I got lulled into a false sense of security.

I can't say that my confidence in Reverb is going up after Etsy bought them. First they nerfed some great features on their website (namely, seeing how long an item has been sitting there, plus a few other conveniences that help make buying decisions), now this increase in surcharge per sale. The email full of excuses that they sent out was pretty weak, it didn't really have much concrete info about what they're spending their newfound profits on.

I was editing a video that I shot yesterday, where I wore a Reverb t-shirt. Now I'm second-guessing that decision :)
Bubba

Post by Bubba »

Greg_L wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:42 pm

£801GBP — £1,295GBP

That's pretty high. A non-mint but nice 70s P-Bass is gonna be around $1500-$2000 here in the US. And they're worth it. No bass is better than a 70s P-Bass.
I agree, Greg. I was fully expecting to pay £1500 - 1800 for the right instrument; but CBS basses were mass-produced, not in the same league of collectability as 50s or 60s.They should not be up for £2800 - £3500 like some fucking chancers I've seen! :lollers2: :facepalm2:
Tadpui

Post by Tadpui »

Bubba wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:56 pm I agree, Greg. I was fully expecting to pay £1500 - 1800 for the right instrument; but CBS basses were mass-produced, not in the same league of collectability as 50s or 60s.They should not be up for £2800 - £3500 like some fucking chancers I've seen! :lollers2: :facepalm2:
The best deals that I've gotten from Reverb have been the result of setting up an email notification when an item comes up below a certain price threshold. Of course they've made that more difficult to do (I think now it's done via the My Feed and turning on email notifications). It took some patience, but I was able to find some sweet gear at much more reasonable prices that way.

Yesterday I saw a Marshall amp head come up that was interesting. It think it was a Super Lead 1959 from the '70s. Recent sale prices showed a value of $1500 - $2500 depending on the condition. This twat slapped an asking price of $8500 on his. LOL. Good luck there, buddy!
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

Tadpui wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:03 pm

Yesterday I saw a Marshall amp head come up that was interesting. It think it was a Super Lead 1959 from the '70s. Recent sale prices showed a value of $1500 - $2500 depending on the condition. This twat slapped an asking price of $8500 on his. LOL. Good luck there, buddy!
LOL OMG :lollers2: :lollers2: :lollers2: :lollers2:
Rebel Yell
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

Bubba wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:56 pm

I agree, Greg. I was fully expecting to pay £1500 - 1800 for the right instrument; but CBS basses were mass-produced, not in the same league of collectability as 50s or 60s.They should not be up for £2800 - £3500 like some fucking chancers I've seen! :lollers2: :facepalm2:
https://houston.craigslist.org/msg/d/au ... 62866.html

:eep: :eep:
Rebel Yell
Bubba

Post by Bubba »

Greg_L wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:32 pm
Bubba wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:56 pm

https://houston.craigslist.org/msg/d/au ... 62866.html

:eep: :eep:
Jesus.
Tadpui

Post by Tadpui »

Greg_L wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:49 pm
Tadpui wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:03 pm

LOL OMG :lollers2: :lollers2: :lollers2: :lollers2:
Oh hey, it was still in my "recently viewed" listing: https://reverb.com/item/34746494-marsha ... d-100-1968

I know that the price is really tempting. And you'll only have to drive to Hollywood CA because it's local pickup only.

Ugh...why even bother listing your gear if you have no intention of actually moving it?

I'm also entertained by the "similar listings" on that page. They're all horrendously overprices Marshall heads from the 1970s. I guess that they are, in fact, similar...
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

Tadpui wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 6:09 pm

Oh hey, it was still in my "recently viewed" listing: https://reverb.com/item/34746494-marsha ... d-100-1968

I know that the price is really tempting. And you'll only have to drive to Hollywood CA because it's local pickup only.

Ugh...why even bother listing your gear if you have no intention of actually moving it?

I'm also entertained by the "similar listings" on that page. They're all horrendously overprices Marshall heads from the 1970s. I guess that they are, in fact, similar...
Well hold up, 8500 is a stupid amount of money, but to be a little fair that is an actual plexiglass Plexi. And it's from 1968, which is arguably the best year for that amp. And it looks almost totally original. I can see someone asking that kind of money for that amp. Doesn't mean they'll get it, but that's a holy grail amp. Someone will buy it.

A 70s Super Lead...3 grand tops. An actual 60s Plexi....sky is the limit.
Rebel Yell