Can Someone with a Reverb sellers account PM me.

Fairly self explanatory dontcha think?
Tadpui

Re: Can Someone with a Reverb sellers account PM me.

Post by Tadpui »

Greg_L wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 6:36 pm Well hold up, 8500 is a stupid amount of money, but to be a little fair that is an actual plexiglass Plexi. And it's from 1968, which is arguably the best year for that amp. And it looks almost totally original. I can see someone asking that kind of money for that amp. Doesn't mean they'll get it, but that's a holy grail amp. Someone will buy it.

A 70s Super Lead...3 grand tops. An actual 60s Plexi....sky is the limit.
Oh sure enough, it is a 1968. I'd been looking at 1970s era Marshalls and I thought this was one of them. Yeah, at least I can start to see the value. But still...are people paying that kind of cash for those amps?
Armistice

Post by Armistice »

WhiskeyJack wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:57 pm
Bubba wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:01 pm Reverb is a pain. Everything on there is MASSIVELY overpriced.

I'm looking to buy a 1978 Precision bass.

Reverb Estimated Used Price Range:

£801GBP — £1,295GBP

Actual seller listings: £1850 - £2300. Fucking stupid prices. :mad: :mad: :mad:
I stand to be corrected, I think that is because they (the sellers) may be adjusting their prices to make up for what reverb takes of the sale. the more and more i learn about about these things the more i learn the buyers and sellers are getting fucked while the middle man we have spent decades trying to cut out are now calling the shots.

Not the same but along the same line, On our last drive home from Edmonton we were both exhausted and didn't feel like cooking having been in transit for well over 8 hours that day so i told her to order from our favorite Tandoori place on SkipTheDishes but to place the order for pick up as we had to drive by it on the way home. So we get there, i wait, the manager came out looking very distraught and started getting after me because i didn't have my bag? And i'm like bag what bag? And she told me i couldn't leave with the food until i got the skip the dishes transportation cooler bag.

then shit got real.

I told her i wasn't a skip employee i was just a customer that placed a skip for pick up order. Well fuck dudes i thought she was gonna start crying. She just looked at me and told me that in future for pick up to just call the store direct and place the order. Skip still takes a 30% cut of the total order EVEN for pick up orders. I felt so bad. She did look incredibly upset and just totally unhappy with me so i promised her i wouldn't ever do it again and went back a few nights later and ordered a "make up order" I probably shouldn't have but i did. I felt super guilty.

I can't help but wonder how much of a help to small buisness these third party middle man retail app platforms actually are? Would the small business see an increase big increase enough to make up for cut that the middle man takes? Or are the still breaking even ? I'd be really curious to know.
That sounds about right. I never, if I can avoid it, order anything from any aggregator platform - food, holidays, plane tickets etc. I found in particular with organising holiday accommodation - the actual business owner can't offer a lower price because then the platform gets upset, but if you go direct they'll often give a free something into the deal, and really appreciate the direct business.
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

Tadpui wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 6:50 pm I'd been looking at 1970s era Marshalls
Oh yeah???? :nyuk: :nyuk: :nyuk: :nyuk: :nyuk:

Do tell. New amp on the horizon?
But still...are people paying that kind of cash for those amps?
Not that I'm aware of. I'm not shocked to see real original Plexis go for 5 or 6 grand. But 8k is a little spazzy.

Should a 59 Les Paul really cost $300k? Fuck no. Hell fucking fuckity fuck no. But dumbasses keep paying those kinds of prices.
Rebel Yell
vomitHatSteve

Post by vomitHatSteve »

Greg_L wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:22 pm
Tadpui wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 6:50 pm I'd been looking at 1970s era Marshalls
Oh yeah???? :nyuk: :nyuk: :nyuk: :nyuk: :nyuk:

Do tell. New amp on the horizon?
But still...are people paying that kind of cash for those amps?
Not that I'm aware of. I'm not shocked to see real original Plexis go for 5 or 6 grand. But 8k is a little spazzy.

Should a 59 Les Paul really cost $300k? Fuck no. Hell fucking fuckity fuck no. But dumbasses keep paying those kinds of prices.
My dad's retirement portfolio is a mid-century Gibson.