Older Newbie

Every great relationship starts with an introduction. Say "Hi!" and tells us a bit about yourself. Meet your new BFFs. No oversharing, please.
Greg_L

Re: Older Newbie

Post by Greg_L »

Why the fuck did that post twice?
Rebel Yell
vomitHatSteve

Post by vomitHatSteve »

Welcome!
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

Bluesman52 wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:15 am Hi everyone!! I'm a retired guy who has been in home recording since buying a Tascam 388 many years ago. These days I'm using Reaper with a Zoom R16 as an AI and a control surface. My main passion is song writing. I can play some instruments and I have some friends who can as well.....so the songs come to life that way. I'm sure I'll learn here........and maybe I can contribute as well. Looking forward to it!!
Welcome aboard. Make yourself at home. We have a bunch of folks on here who like to collaborate frequently so you are in good hands here.

I'd like to think we are a functional and educational message board. Hope you get something out of your time here. :like: :like: :happytrees:
:happytrees:
Armistice

Post by Armistice »

WhiskeyJack wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:59 pm
I'd like to think we are a functional and educational message board. Hope you get something out of your time here. :like: :like: :happytrees:
Well you would say that... :biggrin:

Welcome bluesman... see you 'round. :like:
rayc

Post by rayc »

Bluesman52 wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:15 am I'm ... retired ...These days I'm using Reaper with a Zoom R16 .
G'day Bluesman.
I have a R16 and use Reaper. I don't use the R16 as an Ai but have done.
I, too, am retired.
There you go commonality out of the gate.
BEWARE a mate & I have R16s and the battery/transformer power section failed in each of ours. We now have no option but to use the USB as power.
Interestingly both of us imported from the US rather than using a store etc.
Cheers
rayc
Bluesman52

Post by Bluesman52 »

Hi Ray......I only use the USB connection for power so haven't had the power section fail so far. Thanks for the heads up. When you say....power section....you're referring to the to the power supply wall wart?
rayc

Post by rayc »

Bluesman52 wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:46 pm Hi Ray......I only use the USB connection for power so haven't had the power section fail so far. Thanks for the heads up. When you say....power section....you're referring to the to the power supply wall wart?
Seems to be th microprocessor that deals with AC & battery power.
On mine & my friend's units neither AC nor battery power get juice through to start up.
I've done some research and it's a common problem.
With me it worked one day & not the next...no glitching into it.
USB works but, according to the little bit of research I did, often doesn't.
The R16 terrific unit and I even bought a DVD training course to improve my use...as I have a good regular AI I used the R16 at school and mobile.
Powerful thing when it has power.
Cheers
rayc