wow ....... I have an idea ....

Weekend warriors or full-timers, if you perform live we want to hear about it!
Post your pics or videos, tell us about your gear and how you set it up! (or how that red head jumped up on stage just as your wife walked in) Every gig has a story please share them here.
Lt. Bob

wow ....... I have an idea ....

Post by Lt. Bob »

...... hmmmm ..... just gotta do it but .......... stay tuned
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Re: wow ....... I have an idea ....

Post by WhiskeyJack »

:happytrees:
rayc

Post by rayc »

WAITING, waiting...
Cheers
rayc
Lt. Bob

Post by Lt. Bob »

lol ....... gonna be a while ............ if ever!
rayc

Post by rayc »

Those inside will now have anticipation of things other than outside.
Cheers
rayc
Lt. Bob

Post by Lt. Bob »

lol ....... I need to get outside!

My idea is so self-centered we'll see if I have the energy to do it

prolly not actually so .... it came to me while I was really stoned and now it doesn't seem like a real idea!
JD01

Post by JD01 »

Lt. Bob wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:59 am lol ....... I need to get outside!

My idea is so self-centered we'll see if I have the energy to do it

prolly not actually so .... it came to me while I was really stoned and now it doesn't seem like a real idea!
Lol. Smoking your way through lockdown?

Set up in your music room and film your live set.
Lt. Bob

Post by Lt. Bob »

JD01 wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:26 am

Set up in your music room and film your live set.
nah .......... I have literally played 4-10 gigs a week every week after week ..... month after month ... year after year.... decade after decade for 50 years and have never taken more than a week off every couple of years ...... I'm not really caring if I play in front of people right now .......... I've long been wanting a few months off but a musician can't take time off because you lose your gig.
So being off is a good thing for me and I know as soon as this is over I'll be back to it so I'm kinda 'meh' about the whole 'live at home' thing.

I am gonna make sure my solo act is astoundingly better than it was when this happened and it was already very good.

I do want to be better, and better enough that people go .... "Holy crap!"
So I'm working on things that will accomplish that.
Was working on "Josie' last night ..... gonna get my Vocalist Live pedal in the mix IF I can make it sound good.
Usually the way people use harmony pedals sounds cheesy but I think I can make it a good addition.
We'll see ....

But I'm still only halfway thru converting my floppy's to standard MIDI files and that's the absolute most important thing.
And I have a fair amount of gear needing repair too.
I'm not even remotely bored.

If I get everything done then I'll prolly do some live at home stuff but I have no idea how ...... I've never really used my video cam for anything so there'd be a good amount of learning to be done and though I actually do want to learn how to do it .... it's not the top priority until I get these other things done .

I think some of ya'll know about this vid thing so at some point I'm gonna have a buncha questions but not just yet.

My daughters band did a couple of live at home shows and made $1300 on Venmo so I assume she knows how but maybe not ..... someone else in the band might have been the tech guy.

So yes, I need to learn how to do that and eventually will but no, don't feel some need to have people see me play.
Plus my right shoulder is jacked from that fall and due to the covidocalypse I can't get it xrayed or treated ....... so I'm not at my best anyways.
JD01

Post by JD01 »

I'm just asking cos I want to see your live set and I'm unlikely to make it to Florida in the next decade!
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

Live on video from quarantine is working well for musicians right now. Get on it.
Rebel Yell
Lt. Bob

Post by Lt. Bob »

JD01 wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:25 pm I'm just asking cos I want to see your live set and I'm unlikely to make it to Florida in the next decade!
fair enough ...... first step .... finding my video camera ..... I looked for it last night but have no idea where it might be ...... I'll start with that.

Dr. called a bit ago to see if they could set me up with a yearly Medicare "wellness check"
I did one of those last year
LOL .... they want to know if I can draw a clock face and hold my breath for 10 seconds and "Why did you crush my hand just because I said squeeze hard?" .... basically can I walk around the block and remember where I live ....
I told her try again in maybe 10 years
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

Lt. Bob wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:48 pm
JD01 wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:25 pm I'm just asking cos I want to see your live set and I'm unlikely to make it to Florida in the next decade!
fair enough ...... first step .... finding my video camera ..... I looked for it last night but have no idea where it might be ...... I'll start with that.

Dr. called a bit ago to see if they could set me up with a yearly Medicare "wellness check"
I did one of those last year
LOL .... they want to know if I can draw a clock face and hold my breath for 10 seconds and "Why did you crush my hand just because I said squeeze hard?" .... basically can I walk around the block and remember where I live ....
I told her try again in maybe 10 years
[mention]Lt. Bob[/mention] far be it from me to try a persuade you one way or the other but do you have a new enough cell phone to take video on it rather than looking for your video camera? I only ask becasue besides the learning curve of trying something new with your phone it might make things a bit simpler for you? Maybe. Agin, you got a road you want to travel and that's fine i'm excited to see what you roll out either way.

But if you can do it with your phone you might like the results more. I am sure there are enough of us here we can coach you through it should you be interested?! :like: :like:
:happytrees:
JD01

Post by JD01 »

Bob I'm sure that [mention]Tadpui[/mention] will help you
Lt. Bob

Post by Lt. Bob »

WhiskeyJack wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:00 pm far be it from me to try a persuade you one way or the other but do you have a new enough cell phone to take video on it rather than looking for your video camera? I only ask becasue besides the learning curve of trying something new with your phone it might make things a bit simpler for you? Maybe. Agin, you got a road you want to travel and that's fine i'm excited to see what you roll out either way.

But if you can do it with your phone you might like the results more. I am sure there are enough of us here we can coach you through it should you be interested?! :like: :like:
Well I very much appreciate the interest and the push to do it.
Thanks and I mean that .... it'll give me a further reason to learn vids.

But I can't imagine the phone would be easier than my Zoom Q3 which is made for that specific purpose.
And either way I'd have to learn how to do it and the Zoom would be better sound.
I LOATH the sound I usually hear from phone vids.
And the first thing I'd probably do is research it and buy a new, better vid/sound camera than the Q3 anyway.

But the phone? bleh ..... I'm not spending money on a fucking phone.
I have an i4 and I use it as a phone ..... not a single app on it.
And it's slow doing that.

When I say not one app ... I mean it ..... I don't do anything on my phone but text and calls.
Obviously I could understand how to use it for stuff ..... I just don't want to .... prefer using an actual 'puter with a screen you can actually see things on and speakers you can actually hear.
Wifey uses hers instead of a 'puter for almost all her business stuff but I find it small and annoying.

One thing I don't really need is simple .... I learn stuff like this basically instantly when I want to learn it.
I actually do kinda, sorta want to learn the vid thing for a lot of reasons so I will ...... but it's pretty low on the priority list right now.

But sometime this year for sure.

JD01 wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:32 pm Bob I'm sure that @Tadpui will help you
I actually want to talk to him about rebuilding my puter for music uses so I'll go to him when I find my camera too ..... thanks!