Sweetwater Giving Away Izotope Ozone Elements 9

General recording topics.
musicturtle

Sweetwater Giving Away Izotope Ozone Elements 9

Post by musicturtle »

It's basically a mastering software package.

They gave away there last version before this one came out. But this seems to be a Sweetwater thing and not an Izotope deal.

They ask for your email, address and phone number.

I gave them dummy stuff except for the email and got it.

Here is the link if interested

https://www.sweetwater.com/feature/ozone-elements/
Tadpui

Re: Sweetwater Giving Away Izotope Ozone Elements 9

Post by Tadpui »

Very cool! I really want the version of Ozone that has the de-breather in it, but dang it's several hundred dollars. I eyed this version a while back when it was on sale for $50 but didn't go for it when I realized how stripped down it was. But for free, I think it's a no-brainer! Thanks for the heads-up!
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

Thanks for the tip!
Rebel Yell
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

Good one [mention]musicturtle[/mention] Sadly they aren't interested in my Canadian business. Jokes on them there is a Grand Prairie in Texas with an easily googleable zip code. Hopefully it slips by their radar.
:happytrees:
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

WhiskeyJack wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:08 pm Good one @musicturtle Sadly they aren't interested in my Canadian business. Jokes on them there is a Grand Prairie in Texas with an easily googleable zip code. Hopefully it slips by their radar.
:lollers2: :lollers2:

Do it!
Rebel Yell
liv_rong

Post by liv_rong »

I just did this and holy fuck the registration and installation process is a pain in the ass. Im so used to just throwing the .dll file in a folder and being done. I guess it must always be like this when buying plugins, eh? Create account, download license manager software, create account, download product product portal and create account then paste in serial number and finally download and install plugin. I mean it wasnt difficult or anything but ti wasnt very straight forward either.
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

liv_rong wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:46 am I just did this and holy fuck the registration and installation process is a pain in the ass. Im so used to just throwing the .dll file in a folder and being done. I guess it must always be like this when buying plugins, eh? Create account, download license manager software, create account, download product product portal and create account then paste in serial number and finally download and install plugin. I mean it wasnt difficult or anything but ti wasnt very straight forward either.
This. It's a pain.
Rebel Yell
liv_rong

Post by liv_rong »

It seems pretty cool though, very bare bones which I like. It's almost like a toy, play with some sliders until it sounds good. I am going to watch a few videos on this. But it will come in handy because I have decided to release a bunch of stuff in a little EP sometime this week.
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

Shit i forgot all about this. I even got a text from someone at sweet water letting me know it was available! Just totally lapsed on it.

liv_rong wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:01 pm It seems pretty cool though, very bare bones which I like. It's almost like a toy, play with some sliders until it sounds good. I am going to watch a few videos on this. But it will come in handy because I have decided to release a bunch of stuff in a little EP sometime this week.
NICE! Look forward to that !!!
liv_rong

Post by liv_rong »

Wow, this thing is cool. A dummy like me can make things sound "better" to me. My master bus has never been easier to manipulate. I feel like this is an old like fruity loops tool or something lol. Nothing better then not understanding the fundamentals well and having a plugin generically handle it for you!
liv_rong

Post by liv_rong »

Question, how does the width slider work? As an example I can have two tracks panned hard left and right then crank up that width slider in this plugin and it somehow goes even wider. How is that possible? What is it doing to make it appear to go wider? What kind of sorcery is this?
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

liv_rong wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:30 pm Question, how does the width slider work? As an example I can have two tracks panned hard left and right then crank up that width slider in this plugin and it somehow goes even wider. How is that possible? What is it doing to make it appear to go wider? What kind of sorcery is this?
I found something like this that came stock in the box with reaper. Without looking i think it was JS stereo width? I used to use it a bit on some stuff and on the entire mix but i had no idea what it was doing or if it was damaging something else? So i stopped using it despite how cool it really made some of my mixes sound? I would be curious to know what these types of things are doing too.
ocnor

Post by ocnor »

liv_rong wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:30 pm Question, how does the width slider work? As an example I can have two tracks panned hard left and right then crank up that width slider in this plugin and it somehow goes even wider. How is that possible? What is it doing to make it appear to go wider? What kind of sorcery is this?
I think what it is doing is adding a stereo delay with one side out of phase with the other.
Another toy that helped destroy the elder race of man..forget about your silly whim it doesn't fit the plan.
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

I think it uses some mid/side EQ and compression to clean up the middle and make things out wide louder and seem wider.
Rebel Yell
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

[mention]liv_rong[/mention]

Did you do all this ilok shit with your registration?
liv_rong

Post by liv_rong »

WhiskeyJack wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:33 am @liv_rong

Did you do all this ilok shit with your registration?
I did but I dont know if it was necessary. It was all such a weird process I already dont remember. I do recall it asking me if I wanted the license on my computer or a thumb drive though and chose the computer.
ocnor

Post by ocnor »

Greg_L wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:53 pm
I think it uses some mid/side EQ and compression to clean up the middle and make things out wide louder and seem wider.
The mid/side EQ, compression, and stereo widening each have their own separate control sections. The width slider is like a stereo chorus without the modulation. It uses phase and delay to create the illusion of space.
Another toy that helped destroy the elder race of man..forget about your silly whim it doesn't fit the plan.
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

[mention]liv_rong[/mention]

Not wondering if if you could use any knowledge in this free class from Waves to put to use with Izotope? not the same software but maybe the underlying principles are there?
liv_rong

Post by liv_rong »

WhiskeyJack wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 4:57 pm @liv_rong

Not wondering if if you could use any knowledge in this free class from Waves to put to use with Izotope? not the same software but maybe the underlying principles are there?
Seems interesting. But I cant make the time.