REAPER question

DIY Studio Stuff
Lt. Bob

REAPER question

Post by Lt. Bob »

does reaper do things like rip CDs?
I got a free demo version with m mixer ...... and I need a good CD ripper.
rayc

Re: REAPER question

Post by rayc »

I don't know if it "rips" CDs but you can easily record a CD into it.
Here ya go...
[BBvideo=560,315]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMBGoi_smKM[/BBvideo]

and

Rip to Reaper
Cheers
rayc
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

Lt. Bob wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:49 pm does reaper do things like rip CDs?
I got a free demo version with m mixer ...... and I need a good CD ripper.
I haven't done it in Reaper, but Windows Media Player does it.
Rebel Yell
Lt. Bob

Post by Lt. Bob »

I can't get mine to do it but I recently went thru a fresh Windows install.

I always had Nero but it's disappeared.

I guess I should load the Reaper just to dick around with it .... eventually I may move to puter recording when all my hardware dies.
Minerman

Post by Minerman »

Same answer as Greg here Lt., but I'm glad you've decided to check Reaper out...I personally think it's awesome, uses way less CPU than any other daw I've tried, & it's fully customize-able to fit your needs...
Gibson, Fender, Ibanez, Jackson
Ceriatone, Marshall, EVH
TC Electronic, MXR, Yamaha

My music @ Reverbnation :minernuggs:
Lt. Bob

Post by Lt. Bob »

Minerman wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:38 pm Same answer as Greg here Lt., but I'm glad you've decided to check Reaper out...I personally think it's awesome, uses way less CPU than any other daw I've tried, & it's fully customize-able to fit your needs...
yeah ..... I literally don't use a 'puter for recording in any way whatsoever ... strictly analog chain of recording here.
But I might piddle around with it .... if I did move to puter based recording I'd absolutely use Reaper.
Hell, we have one of the developers here so that's cool.

But I have no plans to change my recording process anytime soon, if ever.

But I do like to be at least literate with that stuff.
Armistice

Post by Armistice »

I tried to use Win MP the other day and found it a bit counter intuitive, and I couldn't work out how to change the rip resolution, and then I had to stuff around more to get the album and song titles.

In the end I upgraded iTunes and used that, which was easier, but when I get a new laptop the accursed iTunes won't be on it, not will it had an optical drive, so I'll have to use Win MP on the recording 'puter, I guess. I'm sure there's a way to make it work better but it was a little frustrating.

So Reaper could be a good option...
Lt. Bob

Post by Lt. Bob »

Armistice wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:58 am I tried to use Win MP the other day and found it a bit counter intuitive, and I couldn't work out how to change the rip resolution,
definitely counter intuitive .... but I can help with that and it's so poorly labled you'd never just guess it.

Open Window Media Player and near the top left it will say 'organize' 'stream' and 'create playlist' ... click on 'organize' for the pull down menu and then all the way down to 'options' .... that will open a window with 10 tabs and one of those tabs is 'rip music' .... click on that and you'll be able to set your rip settings.
Armistice

Post by Armistice »

Lt. Bob wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:28 am
Armistice wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:58 am I tried to use Win MP the other day and found it a bit counter intuitive, and I couldn't work out how to change the rip resolution,
definitely counter intuitive .... but I can help with that and it's so poorly labled you'd never just guess it.

Open Window Media Player and near the top left it will say 'organize' 'stream' and 'create playlist' ... click on 'organize' for the pull down menu and then all the way down to 'options' .... that will open a window with 10 tabs and one of those tabs is 'rip music' .... click on that and you'll be able to set your rip settings.
Thanks LT - I was pretty sure I'd done it in the past but wasn't in the mood to be dicking around with it for one CD. I shall have a look! Be nice to be shot of iTunes forever. :mad2:
vomitHatSteve

Post by vomitHatSteve »

All the cool kids track down bootleg copies of Winamp for their CD ripping purposes
Lt. Bob

Post by Lt. Bob »

I've got Nero now ... so I'm good .......... but thanks for thinking I could ever be cool.

:cool: