Band In A Box

A safe place for newbies. Stop in here to ask all your questions, no matter how silly they seem. Just don't ask us if you can sing!
Armistice

Band In A Box

Post by Armistice »

Hey [mention]rayc[/mention]

Which version of this do you have / use - an ad for it popped up in my Facebook feed just now and I followed it and it struck me that I may actually have a use for it for a project I have in mind, where I need drums but I don't want to spend days and weeks doing it hit by hit as I tend to + I could use it to generate backing tracks for soloing - something I want to work on a bit this year.

Can't seem to add attachments just now but there were a plethora of options and packs and upgrades etc... not sure I want to watch all the explanatory videos on that page!

https://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.packages.htm

I'm also assuming those prices to be US$
rayc

Re: Band In A Box

Post by rayc »

David,
I have the 2019 Pro.
The 2020 version is a major upgrade in terms of the number of real tracks and MASSES of midi (I'm not interested in Midi).
You can't buy an old version so 2020 Pro would be fine considering you can do Gtr, bass & keys already.
I have mine on an external USB drive. A friend bought 2019 late last year & scored the USB version but also downloaded it as he couldn't wait & had LOTS of bandwidth and data credit.
Drums render as a stereo file..and you'd need to sketch out a structure and build the drum track before getting to into a track as it's pretty strict about timing - though I've added them after in the past with a dose of cut n slide to match a staggering drum machine.
Cheers
rayc
Armistice

Post by Armistice »

Thanks [mention]rayc[/mention] - can you tailor/mute individual drums, so you can just render a drum at a time, for instance? I'm guessing that's sort of not the point of it, but it'd be useful. It says you can do that for individual instruments - but if the drums are always just a set stereo pair of tracks, I'm guessing not.
rayc

Post by rayc »

Just a stereo file of what ever kit or combo that was recorded.
Individual parts - no.
Cheers
rayc
rayc

Post by rayc »

Oh, the other combination packs offer massive stylistic variety but...
Cheers
rayc