Hey hey hey!

Every great relationship starts with an introduction. Say "Hi!" and tells us a bit about yourself. Meet your new BFFs. No oversharing, please.
pipelineaudio

Hey hey hey!

Post by pipelineaudio »

I was really missing all my old RP and A&A friends and I was told some of you were over here, so here I am!
Bill L

Re: Hey hey hey!

Post by Bill L »

Welcome aboard!
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

Welcome aboard [mention]pipelineaudio[/mention] Make yourself at home.
:happytrees:
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

This guy used to be a Reaper guru, if I remember correctly. Maybe he still is!

Welcome man, long time no see.
Rebel Yell
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

Greg_L wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:48 pm This guy used to be a Reaper guru, if I remember correctly. Maybe he still is!

Welcome man, long time no see.
Another Reaper master is always welcome.
pipelineaudio

Post by pipelineaudio »

I'm no longer with the company, but its still my baby! I have a new plugin company right now. SO many of you here were actually instrumental in the creation and development of REAPER. Its crazy I kind of lost touch with you guys when I moved back to the 3rd world
Lt. Bob

Post by Lt. Bob »

woot woot!!
rayc

Post by rayc »

Ello!
Cheers
rayc
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

pipelineaudio wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:06 pm I'm no longer with the company, but its still my baby! I have a new plugin company right now. SO many of you here were actually instrumental in the creation and development of REAPER. Its crazy I kind of lost touch with you guys when I moved back to the 3rd world
Thats very cool. I wasnt around any of the sites you mentioned in your post so i don't think we have ever had any interaction or crossed paths. I was only on hr.com for a few years before we all toddled off to greener pastures only to land here together

What was your association at cockos?! Its a brilliant piece of software. I think i demoed just about every single daw out there except for cubase at that point in time but reaper really is in a league of it's own! I am fairly confident 1 in 5 people on these boards are reaper users too.
pipelineaudio

Post by pipelineaudio »

A few of us had become involved with SOnic Foundry during their transition to Sony and had really put together some ideas to turn Vegas into our dream DAW. It all fell on deaf ears and eventually, I ended up with a few hundred hand drawn pages of what I was dying/trying to do. A lot of false starts and a funny exchange in a forum (Kenny Gioia talking shit about "this idiot kid making an internet collab software" (I paraphrase, but something like that)) led me to looking into a product called "NINJAM" which had the guts of what I really needed in a DAW. I had no idea who Justin was at the time, but we hit it off and between us, another coder named Christophe, and our ready pool of grumpy curmudgeons which was a forum called "crossfade" back then which had a lot of crossover from RP, HR, the vegas forums, and some other forums with some attempts at daws which eventually became other modern daws...long and twisted story, but there's the short of it
vomitHatSteve

Post by vomitHatSteve »

Welcome! Good to see you around again!

I seem to recall watching some of your video tutorials before Kenny completely took over that scene.
Armistice

Post by Armistice »

Welcome to the dive... :biggrin: