Teaching Gig

Weekend warriors or full-timers, if you perform live we want to hear about it!
Post your pics or videos, tell us about your gear and how you set it up! (or how that red head jumped up on stage just as your wife walked in) Every gig has a story please share them here.
musicturtle

Teaching Gig

Post by musicturtle »

Don't know if this is the place for this, but my day job is a music gig of sorts so I thought it could go here.

You may or may not have noticed, I haven't been contributing any work here in the last few months, mainly because my teaching gig has kept me so busy.

The kindergarteners, five year old students, have always done a performance about turkey, pilgrims and Indians around Thanksgiving.

Seeing how that is pretty outdated I decided to change the program and when we do it.

I decided on a program about kindness and being nice around Valentines Day, I know that will cause a gag reflex for some.

I also decided to write and record all the tracks.

So I have been working on five brand new kids songs about kindness.

One is a complete Ramones rip off where the class will play cardboard guitars and another sounds like a Beatles/Monkeys love child.

Overall I like the songs but I ran low on time so all of the tracks are virtual instruments. No one really cares about my recording quality but me, they are there to see their kids on stage.

If it goes over well I will probably record live guitars and bass next summer.

Here are a couple of samples, no vocals of course, it would all be in falsetto for me.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Re: Teaching Gig

Post by WhiskeyJack »

This is awesome MT. What a good idea. Something a bit more fresh than the the old thanksgiving stuff. I won't go into too much of a autopsy given what it is and for the intended purpose this will work great! I hope they love it and have fun with it.
:happytrees:
rayc

Post by rayc »

Excellent Tony.
For the last decade or so of my working life I had the eldest kids in the school and they were required to do a "graduation" performance so, over time we went from performing something I wrote for them to getting them to write and perform. It worked most of the time - more often than not they'd opt for a rap but sometimes we'd get real music.
In fact a student I worked with in 1985 sent me a recording of her latest song last night!
The backins sound good though without a melody or lyric is't a little hard to grasp the final result.
Cheers
rayc
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

Haha great stuff. You had me at Ramones. I wanna be in your class.
Rebel Yell