Shan's Lefty Righty Tele Build.

New Guitar Day? Obsessed with tone? 10 on the volume dial not enough? Celestion vs. Electrovoice? Cum in, feel the noize.
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Re: Shan's Lefty Righty Tele Build.

Post by WhiskeyJack »

Holy fuck.

This neck is so responsive to humidity changes. my god. I have other guitars and a bass with a maple neck and none of them seem to get affected by the basement climate as much as this kit's neck. Like i just did a full set up on it after i redit the frets and now the neck releif is completely out to lunch again.

I am going to have to do another one this weekend. 😡
:happytrees:
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

WhiskeyJack wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 2:37 pm Holy fuck.

This neck is so responsive to humidity changes. my god. I have other guitars and a bass with a maple neck and none of them seem to get affected by the basement climate as much as this kit's neck. Like i just did a full set up on it after i redit the frets and now the neck releif is completely out to lunch again.

That's crazy. That must be some cheapo wood or the grain pattern is running the wrong way or something.
Rebel Yell
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

Greg_L wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 2:43 pm
WhiskeyJack wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 2:37 pm Holy fuck.

That's crazy. That must be some cheapo wood or the grain pattern is running the wrong way or something.
I would say 100% cheap wood. I've never seen a neck respond to the seasons the way this one does. :headwall:
JD01

Post by JD01 »

I'm kinda hoping this project never gets completed now and it just sort of becomes and ornamental testament to failure.
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

JD01 wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 5:02 pm I'm kinda hoping this project never gets completed now and it just sort of becomes and ornamental testament to failure.
Oh it's completed. Just constantly learning shit i suppose. Just need to set aside time to finish a few things noe that i got a larger part of the rattle and buzz out of the neck.

this little project has also caught the attention of one of my in real life friends and i became his own private guitar guy doing his set ups and soldering during covid years and he's spread the word and i have two paying jobs coming up here soon. Just simple stuff. Set ups and pick up swaps and fixing broken connections and shit.

OH!! And I am also going to be adding a few chambers to one of the buddies teles. He is placing a great deal of trust in me. :lollers: :lollers: