NKD!!!

Keyboards? Kazoos? Dulcimers? Alphorns? Aeolian harp? Here's the place to chat about your favourite instrument
Lt. Bob

NKD!!!

Post by Lt. Bob »

I was pushed into buying it for live use because my 15-18 year-old XPs are getting unreliable and I simply have to have stuff that works every single time many nights a week.
But I can see it'll do a lot of other stuff so, ,,,,, down the rabbit hole I go! :like: ,
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JD01

Re: NKD!!!

Post by JD01 »

Nice. I'm still shopping for a keyboard. Tell me how that goes.
Tadpui

Post by Tadpui »

Woohoo! Roland is about as trustworthy a name as you can get for reliable stage keys. Good luck in figuring out how to work that NASA control panel :)
Lt. Bob

Post by Lt. Bob »

Tadpui wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:21 pm Woohoo! Roland is about as trustworthy a name as you can get for reliable stage keys. Good luck in figuring out how to work that NASA control panel :)
yeah ..... my XP's have been amazing .... lots and lots of gigs in the sun and salt air and dew and rain.
They're still kicking pretty good but certain buttons don't wanna work and to hold all the seq's I use takes about 30 floppys and I'm tired of dealing with that even though it's an awesome conversation starter.
But they've been SO reliable I feel really comfortable with staying with Roland.

A certain amount of this new one will be fairly easy I think and hope.
The seq buttons are there and even though it has a big display, it still allows for "microscope" editing so I'm gonna be ok there.
And it's gonna be 3-6 months before I'm gigging it so I'll definitely have it down by then.

It's supposed to have awesome sounds too ....... live, I strictly use General MIDI.
But even there I imagine the sounds will be a lot better than my XPs.

But all that other stuff, like the sampler, is foreign to me so this should be fun!