Mutts Black Friday Deals.

More bark, more bite, more licks for your tone. Get your custom wound pickups from "Mutt's dog house", our resident hound and luthier extraordinaire...

Moderator: muttley

muttley

Mutts Black Friday Deals.

Post by muttley »

OK Guys,

Its that time of year where I have a big workshop clear out.

As you all know this year a lot of time has gone into organising a range of Mutts Pups for general sale and they are now in the shops and about to go global. As a result I have a load of pickups that have been used to test different winds and recipes. Normally I would stick these on Ebay or offer them out to guys I know on the scene local to me.

I thought I'd give you all first dibs on what I have at a real knock down price.

I have G90's wound to around 7.2k in both cream and black soap bar (I can easily swap them out for dogear covers). I have mostly 50mm but some 52mm. I could probably match up some working pairs if required............These are fully working and carry the usual Mutt guarantee but they have been installed and tested so not in pristine mint condition. Essentially specials but I cant put them on the shelves for sale. They are still as new £25 each + postage.

I also have a bunch of humbuckers mostly in ivory and some badger and a few Telecaster and strat pups. Once again all as new but they have been installed and played for testing and measuring. Drop me a line if you are interested in any of them for details.

Grab them now because they fly out on ebay... Perfect for a future project or as a swap out for some of them junk pups around these days.

Mutt.

doghouse_special.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Re: Mutts Black Friday Deals.

Post by WhiskeyJack »

I will likely be interested in the telecaster pick ups. But i am still no where near ready for any of that. I still have to get my other Mutt's installed for crying out loud. Let me sleep on it for today and tomorrow. If they go in that time then great for you.
:happytrees:
muttley

Post by muttley »

WhiskeyJack wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:42 am I will likely be interested in the telecaster pick ups. But i am still no where near ready for any of that. I still have to get my other Mutt's installed for crying out loud. Let me sleep on it for today and tomorrow. If they go in that time then great for you.
For some reason Telecaster pups are the most popular right now but I have a few so hang in there. I'll lay some aside for you if you are interested. And get those flipping 90's in FFS.. ;)
Tadpui

Post by Tadpui »

That's awesome, Mutt! It's great to hear that they're shipping all over the world, that's a terrific accomplishment.

I still need to get off my butt and decide which of your pickups to purchase for my LP Classic. It went from those godawful ceramic coil pickups to the less godawful Burst Bucker Pro II. I think I'm either looking for a more '57 Classic kind of tone, or even the non-pro BB style with the alinco II magnets. I've spent very little time listening to samples critically so I haven't really made up my mind yet. I think that'll make a good New Year's resolution for 2020 :)
muttley

Post by muttley »

Tadpui wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:04 pm That's awesome, Mutt! It's great to hear that they're shipping all over the world, that's a terrific accomplishment.

I still need to get off my butt and decide which of your pickups to purchase for my LP Classic. It went from those godawful ceramic coil pickups to the less godawful Burst Bucker Pro II. I think I'm either looking for a more '57 Classic kind of tone, or even the non-pro BB style with the alinco II magnets. I've spent very little time listening to samples critically so I haven't really made up my mind yet. I think that'll make a good New Year's resolution for 2020 :)
Pick Gergs brains on the vintage bucker thing for LP.. He has quite a handle on what my winds are like with regard to a LP. Miner also has one of my Buckers but that was bit hotter than vintage but not a lot but its in a Strat. JD has as well, but again they were wound a bit hotter than vintage. Bill also has muttbuckers as do a few others here they may chime in. Wish drops by occasionally and he recently installed some. Plenty of input from these wonderful guys and I can spin up whatever you settle on when you are ready.
Tadpui

Post by Tadpui »

muttley wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:20 pm Pick Gergs brains on the vintage bucker thing for LP.. He has quite a handle on what my winds are like with regard to a LP. Miner also has one of my Buckers but that was bit hotter than vintage but not a lot but its in a Strat. JD has as well, but again they were wound a bit hotter than vintage. Bill also has muttbuckers as do a few others here they may chime in. Wish drops by occasionally and he recently installed some. Plenty of input from these wonderful guys and I can spin up whatever you settle on when you are ready.
Thanks Mutt! I'll hit up these guys and see if I can actually gather my requirements to narrow down what I'm looking for.