so I'm at this gig ...... let's have your horror stories!

Weekend warriors or full-timers, if you perform live we want to hear about it!
Post your pics or videos, tell us about your gear and how you set it up! (or how that red head jumped up on stage just as your wife walked in) Every gig has a story please share them here.
Lt. Bob

Re: so I'm at this gig ......

Post by Lt. Bob »

vomitHatSteve wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:17 pm I played a family-oriented sidewalk art festival with my pop-punk band in the middle of the summer some years back.

I play barefoot in that band, so I brought easy-to-remove flip-flops as my only shoes that day.
I was not told that the stage was painted black and uncovered.

After about 30 minutes of burning the everloving heck out of my feet, I decide to do a bass spin.

Right then is when the screw holding one of my strap buttons gives out. My bass lands directly on the cable jack, breaking the only 1/4 to 1/8 cable I have for my wireless.
Obviously, that song is a loss while I grab my emergency cable and replug up.

I then have to spend the last third of the set squatting on the stage, with my feet in agony, and my bass propped up on my knees.

I think I forgot to boom the mic down too, so I couldn't do bg-vox for the first song after the accident.
Nice!
From 1969 thru about '72 I didn't wear shoes at all so I can almost 'feel' that black stage broiling your feet!

:lollers2:
JD01

Re: so I'm at this gig ...... let's have your horror stories!

Post by JD01 »

I had a really weird dream about playing a gig last night..
First off I couldn't get my amp off the 1W setting and then as I was about to play my tuners started miraculously unwinding all of my strings on their own.