MOSKY XP BOOST versus BOSS SD1 Review

Got a cool pedal you want to tell the world about? Maybe an over hyped plugin that wasn't worth the bandwidth to download? Leave all your reviews in here to share with present and future rebels!
rayc

Re: MOSKY XP BOOST INTO BOSS SD1 sample

Post by rayc »

I'm off work today as the local area, (not hard as the zone covers about 6 million people and the entire state to the east of the Great Dividing Range), is included in the catastrophic fire danger warning.
Four locals school, two north & two south, are closed. the one I'm currently working at is open but has evac plans sent to it by the Dept. My boss told me, yesterday, that she didn't expect me to turn up.
I couldn't leave the wife n cats alone to face the possibilities while I was at work and also risk potential separation as a result.
I took some time, however, to follow up on Greg's suggestion about the two pedals together.
I tried SD1 into XP but didn't like the results.
Here's XP into SD1 for your comment though.
Mustang bridge humbucker, full volume & full treble into
a) the amp set at MV 10, Bass 1, Mid 10, Treble 10 and Channel vol at 5
b) SD1 at full volume tone at 12 and gain at 0
c) XP at 1/2 volume into the above
57 on the dust cap edge, S609 on the dust cap both at the cloth. 57 in the L channel & 609 in the right equal levels.
Again, the top end seems to disappear ITB.
XP pushing SD1.mp3
The amp isn't proper Superlead tone by a long shot BUT it's a long way from where it was prior to the modification.
I'm pretty happy with the SD1 into the cranked amp - it works for my songs. What do you think of the XP in the chain [mention]Greg_L[/mention], [mention]Minerman[/mention] anyone else who may pass by?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by rayc on Tue Dec 24, 2019 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cheers
rayc
Minerman

Post by Minerman »

rayc wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:00 pm I'm off work today as the local area, (not hard as the zone covers about 6 million people and the entire state to the east of the Great Dividing Range), is included in the catastrophic fire danger warning.
Four locals school, two north & two south, are closed. the one I'm currently working at is open but has evac plans sent to it by the Dept. My boss told me, yesterday, that she didn't expect me to turn up.
I couldn't leave the wife n cats alone to face the possibilities while I was at work and also risk potential separation as a result.
I took some time, however, to follow up on Greg's suggestion about the two pedals together.
57 on the dust cap edge, S609 on the dust cap both at the cloth. 57 in the L channel & 609 in the right equal levels.
XP pushing SD1.mp3
The amp isn't proper Superlead tone by a long shot BUT it's a long way from where it was prior to the modification.
I'm pretty happy with the SD1 into the cranked amp - it works for my songs. What do you thing of the XP in the chain Greg_L, Minerman anyone else who may pass by?
I definitely like this...Pretty meaty & gainy sounding there Ray...This clip sound great IMO...

Ray please take every precaution with the fires happening there man, I've been wondering how close you were to 'em, but now I know...Again, please be careful dude...
Gibson, Fender, Ibanez, Jackson
Ceriatone, Marshall, EVH
TC Electronic, MXR, Yamaha

My music @ Reverbnation :minernuggs:
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

rayc wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:00 pm I'm off work today as the local area, (not hard as the zone covers about 6 million people and the entire state to the east of the Great Dividing Range), is included in the catastrophic fire danger warning.
XP pushing SD1.mp3
I'm pretty happy with the SD1 into the cranked amp - it works for my songs. What do you thing of the XP in the chain @Greg_L, @Minerman anyone else who may pass by?
I think it works pretty good man. Now you can fiddle with the mids and stuff, maybe drop the level of the SD1 just a hair and dial in a hint of the dirt and see how it goes.
Rebel Yell
rayc

Re: MOSKY XP BOOST versus BOSS SD1 Review

Post by rayc »

[mention]Greg_L[/mention] ,
I'll give that I try next time...flavouring the soup!
I did the pedals in reverse but it wasn't pleasant - the XP seems to find some flub to add.
[mention]Minerman[/mention],
Thanks Miner, So far it's been uneventful just 35 degrees or so but the huge winds haven't arrived yet and they're what would push any fires into our area. As I type there's a VERY big smoke cloud covering the sky but it's neither moving fast nor from a nearby fire. Fingers crossed.
Cheers
rayc