Gobshite Senior is unwell.

DIY Studio Stuff
JD01

Re: Gobshite Senior is unwell.

Post by JD01 »

muttley wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:56 am
JD01 wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:23 am Shit, is that your extension?
Thats half of the first floor. There is another dormer going next to that one on the other side and the downstairs is completely gutted. We never do things by half...

We are camping in our own house.. and we had the frost on the inside this morning.:redface:
That's a hell of an extension... hope your builder turns out good and isn't too much of a charlatan!
Bubba

Post by Bubba »

muttley wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:08 am
Bubba wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:46 am

Ha ha - how did you know we had a hole in the roof? :suspicious: We have a little man coming to fix the flat roof on our extension on Thursday!

Anyway, I got all the problem frets glued down, all the ends dressed back to the binding, then finally leveled, crowned and polished the whole lot!

I just need to do the replacement bone nut now and I've done one of those before so it should be sweet! :biggrin:
A hole in the roof you have is it?... :eep:

IMG_20191025_115943.jpg
Wow - are you having any exterior timber detailing? I think your place would suit weathered green oak.
Haggard Musician :mad:
Bubba

Post by Bubba »

Armistice wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:00 am
@Bubba - POIDH! :mad2:

I want to see that genuine vintage Australian kangaroo thigh bone nut blank I sent across the world in situ. I feel like I own about 1% of your guitar now... maybe 2%. :biggrin:

Peace, bro - here it is! You'll notice that the bone yellowing was only superficial - shame, I liked the vintage appearance! :biggrin:

It took me about twelve hours, but I'm feeling very proud of myself right now. :smug: :smug: :smug:
Gobshite nut.jpg
Gobshite neck.jpg
Gobshite full.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JD01

Post by JD01 »

That is a very cool guitar.
muttley

Post by muttley »

Bubba wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:45 am
Armistice wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:00 am
@Bubba - POIDH! :mad2:

I want to see that genuine vintage Australian kangaroo thigh bone nut blank I sent across the world in situ. I feel like I own about 1% of your guitar now... maybe 2%. :biggrin:

Peace, bro - here it is! You'll notice that the bone yellowing was only superficial - shame, I liked the vintage appearance! :biggrin:

It took me about twelve hours, but I'm feeling very proud of myself right now. :smug: :smug: :smug:

That bone will yellow down again in a few years.
muttley

Post by muttley »

Bubba wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:16 am
muttley wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:08 am

A hole in the roof you have is it?... :eep:

IMG_20191025_115943.jpg
Wow - are you having any exterior timber detailing? I think your place would suit weathered green oak.
Its gonna be be timber clad with black feather edge boarding like most timber frame construction is in these parts. It was part of the planning consent as we live in a conservation area and are surrounded by major listed buildings.
muttley

Post by muttley »

JD01 wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:14 am
muttley wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:56 am

Thats half of the first floor. There is another dormer going next to that one on the other side and the downstairs is completely gutted. We never do things by half...

We are camping in our own house.. and we had the frost on the inside this morning.:redface:
That's a hell of an extension... hope your builder turns out good and isn't too much of a charlatan!
Yeh, he's good. Its a mate of mine and we are doing it together which is why I'm behind on your telecaster loom.

I did the bulk of the wiring on the loom today though and hope to rig up some connectors tomorrow on the pups so you can just plug and go. I'd like to test it first though on my tele test bed just to be sure. We have the plumber and electrician first fix coming in over the next few days so I have some time to devote...
Armistice

Post by Armistice »

Is the Gobshite name a gold pen on gaffer tape? :lollers:
Bubba

Post by Bubba »

Armistice wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:38 pm Is the Gobshite name a gold pen on gaffer tape? :lollers:
No, I cut out the old logo, painted the background black, did the logo in white and varnished it. The varnish has gone very yellow since then! The black colour never married up very well, either. :facepalm:
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

Good Job Bubbs. I commend your "get at 'er" attitude.
:happytrees:
Bubba

Post by Bubba »

WhiskeyJack wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:06 pm Good Job Bubbs. I commend your "get at 'er" attitude.
Cheers, Shan. It just plays so good right now. Can't believe it!
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

Bubba wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 2:30 pm
WhiskeyJack wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:06 pm Good Job Bubbs. I commend your "get at 'er" attitude.
Cheers, Shan. It just plays so good right now. Can't believe it!
Awesome ~! :like: :like:

I think i need to sit down and give all my guitars a going over / tlc / good set up. I caved and went to the local guitarmonger and i played a few of the new LP Jr Double cuts and man. I think half my problem is that none of my guitars have been given the proper love they deserve to get them back to that beauty playable condition. I want to feel that love again.

May set aside some time and access all of them this afternoon.
:happytrees: