First Day Of My Life - Indie Folk cover by Greg?

Your Mom loves your mixes, but are they really up to scratch? Post your tracks here and get the community's feedback to help with the spit and polish. Impress us! We don't bite.
Greg_L

Re: First Day Of My Life - Indie Folk cover by Greg?

Post by Greg_L »

heatmiser wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:15 pm

Be sure to commercially release it first and then dismiss any and all suggestions. :crazy:

Bummer on the 404 DB error. I was looking forward to hearing this.
Lol. Sorry yall. I'll put it back up.
Rebel Yell
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

Okay it's back up in the first post if anyone wants to hear this crap again. :minernuggs: :robus:
Rebel Yell
rammer24

Post by rammer24 »

heatmiser wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:15 pmBe sure to commercially release it first and then dismiss any and all suggestions. :crazy:
Gregzo-X!
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

rammer24 wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:38 pm Gregzo-X!
All of the corny self-gratification and none of the talent!
Rebel Yell
heatmiser

Post by heatmiser »

Greg_L wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:37 pm Okay it's back up in the first post if anyone wants to hear this crap again. :minernuggs: :robus:
Cool, thanks!

That really sounds very good. love the stereo spread on the toms when they come in. Sounds so full.

I like the vocal processing too. Seems just a little less dry than I remember from other tracks. I like it.

I like the transitions back and forth between the more acoustic bits and the heavier sections.

Lol. When it started I cranked it to hear the detail of the acoustic and the room, and then that first drum hit exploded in my phones.
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

heatmiser wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:20 pm
Cool, thanks!

That really sounds very good. love the stereo spread on the toms when they come in. Sounds so full.

I like the vocal processing too. Seems just a little less dry than I remember from other tracks. I like it.

I like the transitions back and forth between the more acoustic bits and the heavier sections.

Lol. When it started I cranked it to hear the detail of the acoustic and the room, and then that first drum hit exploded in my phones.
Haha awesome. I actually thought about leveling the acoustic intro and the rest of the song out more evenly, but then I thought it'd be funny to have it blow people's heads off when it finally gets going. :crazy: :coolstorybro: :biggrin:

Thanks for the comments and for coming back to it. Yeah I'm in a slightly "wetter" phase right now, which is probably still pretty dry by most people's standards. As much as I generally dislike lots of reverb, I'm trying to use it more tastefully. :?
Rebel Yell
Lt. Bob

Post by Lt. Bob »

lol .... this is the guy always telling us how he sucks.
Bad-ass like all your recordings.
I don't see how you do that so consistently.
Yes, those are solos .... :coolstorybro:

It's fucking amazing to me how you capture that vibe and style so perfectly every time .... people don't tend to talk precision with regard to punk but dude .... that's some serious precision there all the way around ... from palm muting to bass to drumbs .... it's just freakin' precise .... nice work man.

Greg_L wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:08 am That's not good for me. Besides just hating the music, these folkie gigs are too quiet and intimate. It makes me uncomfortable. I hate the people. I hate the quiet hair eating. I hate the dumb emotional intimacy these people have with some lamefuck hipster with an acoustic guitar. I hate it all. It's all so foreign to me. It's a bizarro kind of power and energy that I can't relate to. If it didn't make my wife happy I'd never in a million years attend one of these fucking things. I'm fucking pissed just typing about it. :lollers:
Yeah but you've got a great wife .... she's easily worth it.
And I'm sure you know not to tell her how much you hate it right?
My wifey taught me that way back when I agreed to go to a stupid business awards banquet with her .... OMG how I hate them and all the pretentious people .... HATE IT!!
So I was kinda grumpy about it and at the end of the night she said, "It's like you give me a gift and then take it back!"
Never forgot that ..... so go ..... find something to pretend to like about it and have a great night with that wonderful wife.

Then come here and tell us all about the hair-eaters.

lol .... fucking hair eaters!
:lollers:
Minerman

Post by Minerman »

Wow Greg, the intro made me think you'd finally flipped you lid, then the guitars kicked in.... :lollers:

No nits at all, all your mixes are just great to me, very balanced & pro sounding...Love the banjo dude, I may have to buy myself one...
This is recorded & mixed really, really well dude, as usual, my hat's off to ya... :minernuggs:
Gibson, Fender, Ibanez, Jackson
Ceriatone, Marshall, EVH
TC Electronic, MXR, Yamaha

My music @ Reverbnation :minernuggs:
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

Lt. Bob wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:36 am lol .... this is the guy always telling us how he sucks.
Bad-ass like all your recordings.
I don't see how you do that so consistently.
Yes, those are solos .... :coolstorybro:

It's fucking amazing to me how you capture that vibe and style so perfectly every time .... people don't tend to talk precision with regard to punk but dude .... that's some serious precision there all the way around ... from palm muting to bass to drumbs .... it's just freakin' precise .... nice work man.
Thanks a lot man! I guess it's easy to be consistent when you only do one thing! :drums: :coolstorybro:

Yeah but you've got a great wife .... she's easily worth it.
And I'm sure you know not to tell her how much you hate it right?
My wifey taught me that way back when I agreed to go to a stupid business awards banquet with her .... OMG how I hate them and all the pretentious people .... HATE IT!!
So I was kinda grumpy about it and at the end of the night she said, "It's like you give me a gift and then take it back!"
Never forgot that ..... so go ..... find something to pretend to like about it and have a great night with that wonderful wife.

Then come here and tell us all about the hair-eaters.

lol .... fucking hair eaters!
:lollers:
Ha yes she's an amazing wife. An amazing person! I must have done something right in a past life for a perfect girl like her to choose a total fucking doofus like me. :facepalm2:

I get what you're saying, but I do it with a twist. She knows I hate that folkie shit, and I really struggle to sit through it, but I take her anyway without a second thought and I never complain. Anytime one of her folkie wimps come through town, if she wants to go, we're there. No question. So I get credit points. :coolstorybro:

I'm expanding her tastes too. I had her front and center on the rail for Motorhead. I stood right behind her and put my arms around her and held the rail, putting her into this protective shell of Gerg. I spent the whole time flinging moshers off of us while she went unscathed. It was awesome! She's seen Iggy, the Misfits, Bad Religion, NOFX, all the rowdy punk shit. She actually likes it though. It's no big deal for her. Sitting through one guy and an acoustic guitar is a huge deal for me. :headwall:
Minerman wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:49 pm Wow Greg, the intro made me think you'd finally flipped you lid, then the guitars kicked in.... :lollers:

No nits at all, all your mixes are just great to me, very balanced & pro sounding...Love the banjo dude, I may have to buy myself one...
This is recorded & mixed really, really well dude, as usual, my hat's off to ya... :minernuggs:
Thanks a lot buddy. Get you a banjitar. I bet banjo pickin is probably in your hillbilly DNA! :shred:
Rebel Yell