No music much for me this summer

Lloyd Christmas: Wanna hear the most annoying sound in the world?
liv_rong

No music much for me this summer

Post by liv_rong »

But I have been playing drums from time to time. I have been messing around with this drumless track I fond on the youtube on the internet last night and today. Kind of sloppy and nothing special but I had a lot of fun playing around with the 3rd section of this song.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x571lqqnhz46f ... p.mp3?dl=0
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lt. Bob

Re: No music much for me this summer

Post by Lt. Bob »

sounds pretty decent man.

I wish I had a set up where I could do things like this so i'm a bit envious.
You're getting some drum chops and I think that's way cool.
liv_rong

Post by liv_rong »

Lt. Bob wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:03 pm sounds pretty decent man.

I wish I had a set up where I could do things like this so i'm a bit envious.
You're getting some drum chops and I think that's way cool.
Thanks man! It is nice having everything ready to go but it doesn’t make me use more like I thought as I built
It over the years! :lollers:
Tadpui

Post by Tadpui »

Sounds like a lot of fun. Hopefully someday I'm comfortable enough behind a kit to be able to pick up something like this and just jam away.
vomitHatSteve

Post by vomitHatSteve »

Cool.

I suppose that's how you get good at an instrument, just find a way to play as much stuff as you can
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

liv_rong wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:44 pm But I have been playing drums from time to time. I have been messing around with this drumless track I fond on the youtube on the internet last night and today. Kind of sloppy and nothing special but I had a lot of fun playing around with the 3rd section of this song.

Yeah that's crazy weird!

How much bleed are you getting into the snare mic? Seems like a lot of hi-hat is coming through the snare track maybe?
Rebel Yell
liv_rong

Post by liv_rong »

Tadpui wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:14 pm Sounds like a lot of fun. Hopefully someday I'm comfortable enough behind a kit to be able to pick up something like this and just jam away.
Just do it!

vomitHatSteve wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:39 am Cool.

I suppose that's how you get good at an instrument, just find a way to play as much stuff as you can

I guess, I don’t practice much anymore though lol.
liv_rong

Post by liv_rong »

Greg_L wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:18 am
liv_rong wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:44 pm But I have been playing drums from time to time. I have been messing around with this drumless track I fond on the youtube on the internet last night and today. Kind of sloppy and nothing special but I had a lot of fun playing around with the 3rd section of this song.

Yeah that's crazy weird!

How much bleed are you getting into the snare mic? Seems like a lot of hi-hat is coming through the snare track maybe?
Definitely bleed is happening. For one of those parts there is bongos are some weird shut playing on that song, maybe you are hearing some of that too?
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

liv_rong wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:27 am

Definitely bleed is happening. For one of those parts there is bongos are some weird shut playing on that song, maybe you are hearing some of that too?
Ah yeah maybe. I think I'm mostly noticing the hats and crash cymbals though. It's almost like two hi hat tracks are happening. In my experience that's snare mic bleed. If you're compressing the snare, that just makes the bleed more prominent.
Rebel Yell