Hi from Germany

Every great relationship starts with an introduction. Say "Hi!" and tells us a bit about yourself. Meet your new BFFs. No oversharing, please.
CeeBee

Re: Hi from Germany

Post by CeeBee »

Sounds a bit like the "lounge" at the Reaper Forums :mrgreen:

I just read the thread, Classic lounge stuff :coolstorybro:
Cheers
Chris
my music
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

Greg_L wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:33 am That was a classic meltdown. Good times.
Beatleboy? I think i missed all of it but i did catch all the fallout chatter. Sounds like it was a good one.

[mention]CeeBee[/mention] Just to Echo what [mention]rayc[/mention] and a few others said, the main drive of this place is a network of people who just want everyone to have the best possible recordings and help each other grow. I owe a lot to everyone here, and at other forums for their honesty. I recall the first time i ever posted anything was a bit crushing as i had spent a lot of time micing and mixing and i thought this is "my best yet" but when i posted there was a lot coming at me all at once but that is sort of what i signed up for. I wanted to be better. And in saying that your situation isn't uncommon. While apartment mixing with headphones isn't ideal, it also isn't impossible! At all. I'd say for sure that half of us started that way. With the assistance from a group of people who can help pinpoint problem areas of the sounds you have to work with you can only get better.

The critique is what we do best and is always in the OP's best interests. We have many great sets of ears in here. :like:
:happytrees:
Lt. Bob

Post by Lt. Bob »

get good open air headphones like some Sennheiser 650s and you can flat out do good mixes
CeeBee

Post by CeeBee »

I have a set of Alessandro (Grado) Music Series, and just recently bought DT990 Pros, both open backed to save what's left of my hearing, so I think I'm ok in that direction. My main problem is at 73 my hearing is not as good as it used to be, plus a dose of tinitus. I'll post a couple of tracks and see what the reaction is.
Cheers
Chris
my music
Armistice

Post by Armistice »

CeeBee wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 3:36 pm 73
You may have just acquired "Elder" status around here ... without doing a thing. :lollers:
rayc

Post by rayc »

CeeBee wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 3:36 pm plus a dose of tinitus. I'll post a couple of tracks and see what the reaction is.
I've learnt to work with & around my fairly serious tinnitus. For the freqs that are most blocked I use visual cues.
Re posting tracks - the usual convention applies - comments are as important as posting activity.
OH, there's a decent attachment uploader that will allow you to put an MP3 on the forum server rather as an alternative to using a streamer service if you're interested in better quality.
Cheers
rayc
CeeBee

Post by CeeBee »

Thanks for the tip on the attachment thingy
Cheers
:guru:
Cheers
Chris
my music
vomitHatSteve

Post by vomitHatSteve »

Welcome!

All the german bands I know are traditional NWoBH-style or power metal bands, so I have high hopes!
CeeBee

Post by CeeBee »

@VHS sorry I'll have to disappoint you there, what is NWoBH?
Cheers
Chris
my music
rayc

Post by rayc »

CeeBee wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:11 am NWoBH?
New Wave of British Heavy Metal like Judas Priest & Iron Maiden - the bands that play chugga chugga instead of riffs.
Cheers
rayc
CeeBee

Post by CeeBee »

rayc wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:32 am
CeeBee wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:11 am NWoBH?
New Wave of British Heavy Metal like Judas Priest & Iron Maiden - the bands that play chugga chugga instead of riffs.
Ah no, I'm more into riffs. I can't keep time anyway.
Cheers
Chris
my music
Bubba

Post by Bubba »

CeeBee wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:42 pm that's Bavarian, doesn't count

Thanks guys, I'm an English Alien in Deutschland :steins:
Willkommen in unserer Familie!

I've been learning German for a few months now and we recently had a week in Hamburg. :)

I'm having a bit of a hiatus with the recording at the moment but I still hang around.
Haggard Musician :mad:
Bubba

Post by Bubba »

WhiskeyJack wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:10 pm Neun Mal in Zehn werden die jüngeren Generationen bei Google Translate nach einer kleinen Hilfe suchen.
Ich auch, aber mein lesen und verständnis ist jetzt viel besser. :coolstorybro:
Haggard Musician :mad:
CeeBee

Post by CeeBee »

Thanks for the kind welcome Bubba. German is a weird language to learn, there are some things you have to do right. I learnt mine standing at the bar or between the bedsheets, which is great fun but doesn't help when you are trying to write a letter. :biggrin:
One tip I can offer, you have to learn the article (der,die,das) and the respective noun together as if it were one word.
That way the rest of it fits together. I didn't have time for that, so my written German is :shit:
Cheers
Chris
my music