Harleys and outside gigs...a small rant

Weekend warriors or full-timers, if you perform live we want to hear about it!
Post your pics or videos, tell us about your gear and how you set it up! (or how that red head jumped up on stage just as your wife walked in) Every gig has a story please share them here.
SweetDan

Harleys and outside gigs...a small rant

Post by SweetDan »

Ever played an "outside" gig, and some doofus on a Harley drives by revving the engine? That sucks.(!) Happened this past weekend during a gig with the gypsy swing band.

I suppose I could be more philosophical about it...

"Guns don't kill people...people (with guns, sometimes) kill people" and all that.

"Harley's don't ruin the sound of outside gigs...people (who are doofuses and have a compulsion to rev their engines) on Harleys ruin gigs."

/rant-over...until the next outside gig :)

I did record the show on the same tablet in which I house my charts and playlist. It's not great quality, but maybe I'll post some tunes from that recording once I've extracted out each segment.
awesome youtube comment of the day
Lol it's still less satanic than whatever rituals Katie Perry and Taylor Swift do in their performances. πŸ˜‚
Greg_L

Re: Harleys and outside gigs...a small rant

Post by Greg_L »

SweetDan wrote: ↑Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:10 pm Ever played an "outside" gig, and some doofus on a Harley drives by revving the engine? That sucks.(!) Happened this past weekend during a gig with the gypsy swing band.

I suppose I could be more philosophical about it...

"Guns don't kill people...people (with guns, sometimes) kill people" and all that.

"Harley's don't ruin the sound of outside gigs...people (who are doofuses and have a compulsion to rev their engines) on Harleys ruin gigs."

/rant-over...until the next outside gig :)

I did record the show on the same tablet in which I house my charts and playlist. It's not great quality, but maybe I'll post some tunes from that recording once I've extracted out each segment.
Dude you just aren't playing loud enough!
Rebel Yell
Lt. Bob

Post by Lt. Bob »

hah! every Sat. and Sun.!

Come hang around at Aunt Catfish's during bikeweek ..... it's right by a major bridge and during bikeweek you hear nothing but bikes and occassionally you can barely hear a *tweedle deedle* from the music if you listen closely!
:lollers: :lollers2:
Even when it's not bike week, any time a bike or racey type car goes by you can't hear the music at all ............. did you get paid?

:coolstorybro:
rayc

Post by rayc »

Big boofhead bikes use the mountain pass road I live on ALL the time and in packs on Friday arvos through to early Monday morning.
They're worse than trucks for house rumble.
We often have them in groups of 100+ and nothing can be heard of music or other communication when just one is straight outside.
They're odd bikes. They look good but have a degree of power that is rarely used. WHY are they set up, like teens' trail bikes, to make max. noise? To be noticed.
Cheers
rayc
SweetDan

Post by SweetDan »

SweetDan wrote: ↑Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:10 pm ...maybe I'll post some tunes from that recording once I've extracted out each segment.
Here's one of the tunes. It was early in the gig before the neighboring engine noise of people cruising up and down the street got too bad.

ssv_20190727_05_summertime.mp3
Greg_L wrote: ↑Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:16 pm Dude you just aren't playing loud enough!
Unfortunately, we're small, and acoustic, so we can't really get too loud without making the feedback get really bad... :(

But it was fun, it was a paying gig (plus tips), and we even got some free food and drinks. :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lol it's still less satanic than whatever rituals Katie Perry and Taylor Swift do in their performances. πŸ˜‚
SweetDan

Post by SweetDan »

Well, mostly all acoustic. Sometimes the bandleader breaks out his Epiphone Dot:
ssv_20190727_11_iLoveParis.mp3
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
rayc

Post by rayc »

Odd - the streamers didn't sound for me but the downloads did.
Cheers
rayc
rayc

Post by rayc »

Found the prob...for some reason the Firefox audio has been getting turned off in the mixer section of the comp. I'll have to investigate.
Nice sounds - motors aside. the Dot noodling was a bit long.
Cheers
rayc
Lt. Bob

Post by Lt. Bob »

nice band .... the kind of thing that if I were close , I'd be dropping by with my sax.
Like your singer ..... lol@ cars/bikes going by ..... I know that sound well~!
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

:happytrees:
Tadpui

Post by Tadpui »

WhiskeyJack wrote: ↑Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:55 am [BBvideo=560,315]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LlA0_Hv3CQ[/BBvideo]
LOL that's exactly what I was thinking of when I first read this thread :D