Today's gig, the first of two

Weekend warriors or full-timers, if you perform live we want to hear about it!
Post your pics or videos, tell us about your gear and how you set it up! (or how that red head jumped up on stage just as your wife walked in) Every gig has a story please share them here.
Bill L

Today's gig, the first of two

Post by Bill L »

Doing sound for some friends at Shaidzon Brewery. I leave here and head to Newport immediately to do sound for Rayland Baxter after his performance at the Newport Folk Festival*. The good news is it's a brewery so the beer is great and it should be a quick breakdown. :steins: :steins: :illdrinktothat: The bad news is Rayland is bringing a 7 piece band to an outside patio gig. :mad: :headwall: Way overkill. :spacepalm: And I have very little time to get there in crazy traffic. :WTF: :mad: :headwall:

MVIMG_20190727_150721.jpg
*I'm told he's leaving the main stage at the folk fest, taking a boat to the hotel and then doing this gig.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bill L

Re: Today's gig, the first of two

Post by Bill L »

But at least they have a record player here at the brewery for when they don't have live music! And they were playing one of my favorite bands when I walked in! Little Feat's Waiting For Columbus.
MVIMG_20190727_153155.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

Lol. They're set up among the pipes and tanks. Awesome.
Rebel Yell
Bill L

Post by Bill L »

The second today. Pretty cool but a long day.
IMG_20190727_200410.jpg
MVIMG_20190727_214436.jpg
IMG_20190727_201843.jpg
In a random order apparently. :D

Oh and Dolly Parton was the surprise guest at the main stage tonight. :lol: At least I didn't get stuck in that traffic. But I did witness a helicopter land for the first time in person, so that was cool. Overall, a pretty good day. And the best part is it was well paying! :yeabuddy:
Lt. Bob

Post by Lt. Bob »

Bill L wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 5:05 pm they were playing one of my favorite bands when I walked in! Little Feat's Waiting For Columbus.
One of the very best live albums ever!

Looks like a fun day to me ...... yay for work!