New interface time: seeking recommendations

General recording topics.
Bill L

Re: New interface time: seeking recommendations

Post by Bill L »

I can't believe they don't have one on the interface (I looked it up a couple of days ago and saw it for myself). I have the earlier version and that has it. It just seems crazy to me. But I suppose everyone's preferences are different.
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

Bill L wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:53 pm I can't believe they don't have one on the interface (I looked it up a couple of days ago and saw it for myself). I have the earlier version and that has it. It just seems crazy to me. But I suppose everyone's preferences are different.
I don't really like how everything is shifting into interface software control panel stuff. The Focusrite control panel thing is fucking dumb.
Rebel Yell
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

Greg_L wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:57 am
Bill L wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:53 pm I can't believe they don't have one on the interface (I looked it up a couple of days ago and saw it for myself). I have the earlier version and that has it. It just seems crazy to me. But I suppose everyone's preferences are different.
The Focusrite control panel thing is fucking dumb.
Agreed. It is the one thing i loathe about the thing. Everything else is minty. That control panel can go double fist itself.
:happytrees:
vomitHatSteve

Post by vomitHatSteve »

I don't hate it. It offers a lot of options that would be clunky to have on the device itself.

I bet if I could get that part running solo on a tablet (and had an iso booth for vox), it would be super useful!

"Ok, Greg*. The tablet in front of you has a mixer. Channel 8 is your vox monitoring. The compression and verb** aren't recorded so do what you need."

* Other Greg
** I haven't gotten those working at all, so that's a further hypothetical.